Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Latest version of Virtual Earth is released!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Mark Brown said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    @Ion Todirel, in Live Maps? No. That's our consumer maps offering and most consumers don't care about what the lat/long is for a particular Point of Interest. But you can do it in VE for essentially any data or point on a map. Basically build a search using the Find() function to return POI data like bus stations and then code up the Reverse Find to return the address to the user when they click on a push pin to a bus station. Trouble here could be that the Find() function returns more than just bus stations. Using our VE Web Service (VEWS) however you can build a more granular search and filter results to get what you want and then iterate through the search results and plot using a VE Map Control in JS.

Hope that helps.

-mark
    hmmm, that's sounds interesting, I'll take a look, if something watch out I'll come back with questions Smiley

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Mark Brown said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*
    @magicalclick. Can you send me the two locations you are creating a route for? I want to repro what you are seeing.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just tested various driving directions and am not seeing the same behavior. My guess is that our base data may have incorrect coordinates for the route you are searching for. Send me the start and end locations so I can repro and I'll send along to the product team.  --Thanks.
    Hello Mark,
    I checked it more. Google Map failed too. It should be my IE8 Beta on Vista Ultimate x64 I think. I am using 144DPI setting. I assume 120DPI would do the same.

Burn in High DPI Hell.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Mark Brown

magicalclick said:
    Mark Brown said:
    *snip*
    Hello Mark,
    I checked it more. Google Map failed too. It should be my IE8 Beta on Vista Ultimate x64 I think. I am using 144DPI setting. I assume 120DPI would do the same.

Burn in High DPI Hell.
    @magicalclick. Hey I don't think we "officially" support IE8 yet either so that's another thing to consider too.

Between that and High DPI you're living on the bleeding edge my friend Smiley

• User profile image
    dentaku

Nice stuff.
    Now if only there where high resolution images of Nova Scotia in other places than just Halifax. At the moment the Google maps have much more high res areas for this province.

• User profile image
    matthews

dentaku said:
    Nice stuff.
    Now if only there where high resolution images of Nova Scotia in other places than just Halifax. At the moment the Google maps have much more high res areas for this province.
    I'd settle for having a full 3D Halifax.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.