Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Need help partitioning

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

Hi all,

I want to expand a partition (delete ubuntu from system and now have soms free space). But i can't do it with the diskmanager in Vista (why won't it do that ) ?

http://screencast.com/t/Sjv5as5zOdF

Why can't I do this ? And witch program do i have to install then ? Because partionmagic is now owned by Sygmatec and it doesn't seem to work on vista.

Tips anyone ?

• User profile image
    Andrei P

The free space has to be at the end of the volume, so you'll need to shift D: to the left and then resize it over the free space that will be to the right.

Vista's Disk Management tool is particularly tricky when trying to shrink a volume that has unmovable data scattered across it.

• User profile image
    CKurt

Andrei P said:
    The free space has to be at the end of the volume, so you'll need to shift D: to the left and then resize it over the free space that will be to the right.

Vista's Disk Management tool is particularly tricky when trying to shrink a volume that has unmovable data scattered across it.
    But I want to extend my C: drive not my D: drive. So isn't it at the right place then ?

Anybody else any idias ?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.