Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I was victimized

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

yeah, some a-hole stole my iRiver Clix MP3 player out of my car Friday!

but did that change my outlook on humanity? No!

'Cuz it gives me an excuse to get an iPod Touch.

OMFG! What a beautify piece of hardware.

Equally, OMFG, iTunes sucks! It takes upward of a whole second to response to a mouse click & upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.1 was so confusing (not to mention the lost of $10).

I'm really looking forward to what can be programmed for this beauty. I (hearts) you, my new iPod.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

I'm really looking forward to what can be programmed for this beauty.

Oh, the "wonderful" world of Objective-C.

• User profile image
    intelman

I'm reluctant to get a iPhone or iPod Touch because of iTunes...but I'm leaning more and more towards it.

The touch phones out there all cost just as much, and the ones I really want I would have to get unlocked which are expensive. I never thougth I'd say this, but the iPhone might be the cheapest solution for me.

I need a phone with good scheduling and calendering, and I would like WiFi and a nice email client. I wish someone would come along and destory them... why does it have to be the best there is still?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Thank me later Minh, but you didn't have to call me an a-hole! BTW didn't realize you were such an Aiken fan.

• User profile image
    wisemx

harumscarum said:
    Thank me later Minh, but you didn't have to call me an a-hole! BTW didn't realize you were such an Aiken fan.
    hey...{shhhhhh, be very quiet}...I thought we were keeping this a secret? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Andrei P said:
    I'm really looking forward to what can be programmed for this beauty.

Oh, the "wonderful" world of Objective-C.
    Hey, I like Objective C.  Sure, it's weird, but it's not a bad language (and has some pretty neat features that are difficult to emulate in .Net).

• User profile image
    VB Man

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    Andrei P said:
    *snip*
    Hey, I like Objective C.  Sure, it's weird, but it's not a bad language (and has some pretty neat features that are difficult to emulate in .Net).
    I am sorry to hear about your iRiver. Stealing is one of the lowest things possible.

Objective C is a beauty. Programming with XCode & Interface Builder is quite a delight, IMHO.

BTW, minh, jailbreak it and you can run python and java on it!

The iphone and ipod touch are great devices.

• User profile image
    Minh

harumscarum said:
    harumscarum wrote:

That was you? You sneaky ba&tard! Oh, and who isn't an Aiken fan? That silky smooth country pop draw. That wild dew that says "That's right! I'm THAT confident in my masculinity!" Clay's the man!

CannotResolveSymbols wrote:

Now that MS is getting in the iPod game, too... I'd be awesome if they can sneak .Net on the iPod like they have w/ the Zune.

VB Man
    BTW, minh, jailbreak it and you can run python and java on it!

Oh, yeah. This baby's getting jailbreak. But I'd like to get the "official" experience first. Warts and all.

• User profile image
    the-​laughing-man

Samsung YP-P2 for me, sure it doesn't do EVERYTHING and it doesn't have downloadable apps but I was getting sick of my N95s battery dying because I was using it as an MP3 player and it was disturbingly slow because I had 2GB of music on it.

As far as they iPhone goes my contract with T-Mobile is up on Oct 31st, I'm going G1 baby!

• User profile image
    jamie

if you find an itunes replacement let me know

Explorer for Iphone/ipod - pleeease!

edit- jono got an iphone .. we're ibrothers Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

actually - ms could hopefully add iphone support to this:

http://specials.msn.co.in/sp08/msphonedatamanager/freedownload.asp

But also add and Explorer view - with NORMAL drag and drop like windows

• User profile image
    stevo_

jamie said:
    actually - ms could hopefully add iphone support to this:

http://specials.msn.co.in/sp08/msphonedatamanager/freedownload.asp

But also add and Explorer view - with NORMAL drag and drop like windows
    The ipod itself is an ok player, and if I was thinking about getting a paper weight again I'd certainly consider an ipod... if itunes wasn't such a bag of sh..

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

let me get this right. first your victimized when some one steels your mp3 player from your car. Then you go buy an ipod. sounds like you have been double victimized.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

jason818_253.33 said:
    let me get this right. first your victimized when some one steels your mp3 player from your car. Then you go buy an ipod. sounds like you have been double victimized.
    lol

• User profile image
    Minh

jason818_253.33 said:
    I am in complete protection of the reality distortion field. It is nice, warm, and chicken-soupy in here. I'm taking the blue pill.

*** update ***
    holy crap! you can only develop for the iPod Touch on a Mac?!!

• User profile image
    VB Man

Minh said:
    jason818_253.33 said:
    *snip*
    I am in complete protection of the reality distortion field. It is nice, warm, and chicken-soupy in here. I'm taking the blue pill.

*** update ***
    Minh, please see this :

http://www.digwin.com/view/winchain-sets-up-the-iphone-toolchain-on-windows-within-minutes

That'll help you get developing for it on windows. I would also try googling for "iphone windows toolchain" if that link is to no help.

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

Minh said:
    jason818_253.33 said:
    *snip*

*** update ***

"Borrowing from the movie matrix, the terms blue pill and red pill have become a popular metaphor for the choice between blissful ignorance (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth (red)."

as long as you know what your getting into. I personally think taking the red pill is harder. but if taking the blue pill is what you want, im not going to stop any one from taking that path like so many others.

• User profile image
    La Bomba

Did you get the new one with built-in speaker and stainless steel backing? Get the headphones with the controls on the cord...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.