Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What would you say is Microsoft's coolest product?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

?

• User profile image
    stevo_

• User profile image
    Ray7

Mouse and keyboard sets are pretty good.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Surface , Photosynth , Virtual Earth , Zune , Vista , Ribbon in Office , Live Suite (++Writer)  ,  x360

and Longhorn Concept video Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

Dovella said:
    Surface , Photosynth , Virtual Earth , Zune , Vista , Ribbon in Office , Live Suite (++Writer)  ,  x360

and Longhorn Concept video Wink
    product - not products ... one

*lets say 2 for xbox - one hardware

• User profile image
    Dovella

jamie said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    product - not products ... one

*lets say 2 for xbox - one hardware
    and Surface?

Surface or Xbox ?
    are undecided

• User profile image
    jamie

Dovella said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    and Surface?

Surface or Xbox ?
    are undecided
    you can only say one.. so your for surface>  cool

*ha - so i already have touch screen and xbox...  

We can stop this thread now - if anyone wants... unless there are other cool products

my X-point has been x-made already tho

• User profile image
    Dovella

jamie said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    you can only say one.. so your for surface>  cool

*ha - so i already have touch screen and xbox...  

We can stop this thread now - if anyone wants... unless there are other cool products

my X-point has been x-made already tho
    are undecided

• User profile image
    joechung

Surface.

• User profile image
    mikexkearney

"Longhorn Concept video" - haha!!!

Id say Zune but that might change soon as the latest upgrade is giving me a list of performance issues.

Surface / Silverlight once the apps show themselves.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Has to be Visual Studio which makes a lot of those products possible by the provision of requisite software.

Dovella it should be (Writer++) and not  (++Writer), but I agree with you. It's easier to pick a hundred rather than just the one. Its almost like being asked whether you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner ( Tea here in Yorkshire - no, not the beverage!). They are all necessary and one does enjoy them all.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

vesuvius said:
    Has to be Visual Studio which makes a lot of those products possible by the provision of requisite software.

Dovella it should be (Writer++) and not  (++Writer), but I agree with you. It's easier to pick a hundred rather than just the one. Its almost like being asked whether you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner ( Tea here in Yorkshire - no, not the beverage!). They are all necessary and one does enjoy them all.
    Dovella it should be (Writer++) and not  (++Writer)

Maybe he was trying to prevent creating a temporary copy of Writer? Tongue Out

And you're all wrong. The coolest product MS has made is in fact Flight Simulator X, especially when combined with the right add-ons.

• User profile image
    nightski

Sven Groot said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

Maybe he was trying to prevent creating a temporary copy of Writer? Tongue Out

And you're all wrong. The coolest product MS has made is in fact Flight Simulator X, especially when combined with the right add-ons.

I was going to say .NET but then you mentioned FS.  You are right, FS is definitely the coolest MS product in my opinion!  For me at least that is the program that got me into programming in the first place.  I have played it since the DOS days and it was my first computer game (ok so its more of a simulator than a game) Smiley  Ever since then I fell in love with aviation.  In fact, it drove me to solo an airplane on my 16th birthday and get a pilots license.

Its amazing one program had such a large effect on my life.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

nightski said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    I was going to say .NET but then you mentioned FS.  You are right, FS is definitely the coolest MS product in my opinion!  For me at least that is the program that got me into programming in the first place.  I have played it since the DOS days and it was my first computer game (ok so its more of a simulator than a game) Smiley  Ever since then I fell in love with aviation.  In fact, it drove me to solo an airplane on my 16th birthday and get a pilots license.

Its amazing one program had such a large effect on my life.
    In fact, it drove me to solo an airplane on my 16th birthday and get a pilots license.

Don't say that, it makes me sad. Wink

I'm 26 and it will be many years before I can even afford to start taking lessons. I want to get a license, but there's just no way right now. With my current scholarship I wouldn't be able to afford flying lessons in the US, let alone in Japan where it's about 4 times more expensive.

I've been playing FS on and off since FS 5.1 under MS-DOS, but I didn't get seriously into it (and aviation as a whole) until FS2004, and the real heavy stuff (gettings lots of add-ons, a real yoke and rudder pedals, etc.) I didn't do until FSX.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

XBOX360 Elite Edition! Which I still don't have, unfortunately...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    vesuvius

Sven Groot said:
    nightski said:
    *snip*

Don't say that, it makes me sad. Wink

I'm 26 and it will be many years before I can even afford to start taking lessons. I want to get a license, but there's just no way right now. With my current scholarship I wouldn't be able to afford flying lessons in the US, let alone in Japan where it's about 4 times more expensive.

I've been playing FS on and off since FS 5.1 under MS-DOS, but I didn't get seriously into it (and aviation as a whole) until FS2004, and the real heavy stuff (gettings lots of add-ons, a real yoke and rudder pedals, etc.) I didn't do until FSX.
    At least you're not colour blind.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Windows

• User profile image
    wisemx

Expression Studio

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.