Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

X 360 phenomenal line up

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Microsoft presspass

Halo 3: Recon,” “TEKKEN 6,” “RESIDENT EVIL 5,” “Star Ocean: THE LAST HOPE” and “THE LAST REMNANT” Headline Blockbuster Xbox 360 Lineup at Tokyo Game Show

Link

“THE LAST REMNANT” (Square Enix). “THE LAST REMNANT” is a new role-playing game crafted using the finest artistry and technology Square Enix has to offer. Set in a fantasy world, war-torn and scarred by years of conflict, gameplay revolves around mysterious artifacts — Remnants — that possess magic powers. Groundbreaking graphics possible only on Xbox 360 bring the intensity to a whole new level. “THE LAST REMNANT” is launching worldwide on Nov. 20 and will be available only on Xbox 360.

“NINETY-NINE NIGHTS II” (Q Entertainment). Set amid a dramatic, epic backdrop of a warring world, “NINETY-NINE NIGHTS II” blends strategy and action, allowing players to take control of massive armies to defeat thousands of enemies in massive-scaled battles never before seen on Xbox 360.

“RESIDENT EVIL 5” (Capcom Entertainment Inc.). Destined to bring new fans to the series, “RESIDENT EVIL 5” is the sequel to one of the highest-rated video games in history (according to Metacritic.com and GameRankings.com). Promising to revolutionize the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, “RESIDENT EVIL 5” unleashes an unprecedented level of fear for the next generation. New technology developed specifically for the game, as well as incredible changes to both the gameplay and the “RESIDENT EVIL” world, will make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.

“Star Ocean: The LAST HOPE” (Square Enix). “Star Ocean: THE LAST HOPE” is the long-awaited continuation of the celebrated science fiction and fantasy role-playing game series. Slated for release on Xbox 360 in spring 2009 and published by Square Enix, this prequel set during the aftermath of World War III combines science fiction and fantasy elements spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the “Star Ocean” universe. Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise’s famous real-time battle system, introducing the amazing graphics and visual effects possible only on Xbox 360.

“TEKKEN 6” (Namco Bandai Games). The latest chapter in one of the most popular fighting franchises in the world, “TEKKEN,” a series that has sold 33 million units worldwide, is coming for the first time to Xbox 360. “TEKKEN 6” is the newest addition to the 3-D fighting series “TEKKEN,” popular for its immersive storyline with characters featuring distinctive personalities as they fight it out at incredible speeds. Starting with the launch of the arcade version in 1994, “TEKKEN” has evolved into a highly acclaimed worldwide franchise, and “TEKKEN 6,” appearing on Xbox 360, is the first multiplatform title in the “TEKKEN” series

Xbox LIVEArcade Debuts New Lineup

Xbox LIVE Arcade continued momentum built during the summer of arcade as Microsoft announced seven new titles to the already robust lineup of classics and original titles. With the power of Xbox LIVE Arcade, a new generation of gamers can now experience some of the most beloved games of all time from Japan’s most legendary developers. Classic titles showcased at Tokyo Game Show include the following:

“ARKANOID™ Live!” (TAITO). First appearing in the 1980s as a block-breaking game, the next evolution will now be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Gamers can enjoy “Arkanoid” in high definition with beautifully choreographed background movies and background music. “Arkanoid” is loaded with 120 stages and colorful cooperative and versus modes.

“The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match” (SNK PLAYMORE). The original “dream match” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade with new features, characters and game modes. Gamers can face their favorite “The King of Fighters” characters to determine the ultimate champion.

“Metal Slug 7” (SNK PLAYMORE). Gamers can join Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fiolina, Clark and Ralph as they prepare to take on Modern’s Forces across seven new missions. “Metal Slug 7” will also feature new weapons, colossal new bosses, new gameplay modes and new Slugs to pilot.

“Meteos Wars” (Q ENTERTAINMENT). Gamers can take a ride through this intergalactic journey where they slide, stack and ignite their blocks to blast away the world‐ending meteors to stop them from falling and crushing the planet. Gamers master the combo links and power-ups to challenge their friends in intense multiplayer sessions.

“R-Type Dimensions™” (Microsoft). “R-Type Dimensions” combines the genre-defining coin-op classics “R-Type” and “R-Type II,” with a twist. For the first time ever, “R-Type Dimensions” allows multiplayer co-op play locally or over Xbox LIVE for up to two players. Gamers fight through all 14 Bydo-infested stages in the original 2-D or all-new 3-D graphics, and can swap between the two seamlessly.

“SPACE INVADERS EXTREME™” (TAITO). Gamers can experience “Space Invaders” in fully immersive sound and vivid high definition on the next-generation system, with visuals that will excite their senses.

“Tenchu: Shadow Assault” (FROMSOFTWARE). Tenchu, the world-famous ninja action game, is now on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Gamers can control their favorite characters as they use a variety of ninja weapons to defeat their enemies and complete their missions. They can use traps in multiplayer mode2 to kill their friends for massive points.

-------------------------------------------------

Tekken 6 + Squaresoft game + RE 5 + Price of x360= PS3 Die
    If microsoft changes the design of the x360 ,
    creating the console, a small, rounded and white
    PS3 + Wii  go to the cemetery  in 6 month.

• User profile image
    blowdart

So from a bunch of marketing bullcr@p you can say it's phenomenal. Obviously your brain control chip is working overtime today. And powered by WinCE.

• User profile image
    Dovella

blowdart said:
    So from a bunch of marketing bullcr@p you can say it's phenomenal. Obviously your brain control chip is working overtime today. And powered by WinCE.
    THE LAST REMNANT , RESIDENT EVIL 5 , Star Ocean: The LAST HOPE , TEKKEN 6

for you this is a bullcrap?

Obviously your brain control chip is working overtime today. And powered by  Intel 4004

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dovella said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    THE LAST REMNANT , RESIDENT EVIL 5 , Star Ocean: The LAST HOPE , TEKKEN 6

for you this is a bullcrap?

Obviously your brain control chip is working overtime today. And powered by  Intel 4004
    You're saying that announced games that no-one has seen, let alone played, will quash the PS3. Given that followup games have the habit of sucking you are, to introduce a new phrase to you, blowing smoke out of your @ss.

• User profile image
    Dovella

blowdart said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    You're saying that announced games that no-one has seen, let alone played, will quash the PS3. Given that followup games have the habit of sucking you are, to introduce a new phrase to you, blowing smoke out of your @ss.
    I know every manufacturer of videogames.
    The production of Squaresoft was for years the exclusive Nintendo, and Nintendo dominated the market
    The production of Squaresoft was for years the exclusive Sony PSX PS2, an SOny dominated the market

Now we have : Capcom , Squaresoft , Namco Bandai Konami (without Metal Gear for now) 
    The exclusives for the other consoles are finally finished (except internal production)
    Xbox with a low price, and a vast panorama videogame has all it takes to win the competition .

Sony PS3 + blu ray annoyng  (Loading endless Titles , blu ray for gaming is futile )
    Wii : Once finished internal  production for the Wii is the end ( PS I love nintendo Brand)
    The new Microsoft announcement is perhaps not important for titles, but for engagement partnership

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Dovella said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    I know every manufacturer of videogames.
    The production of Squaresoft was for years the exclusive Nintendo, and Nintendo dominated the market
    The production of Squaresoft was for years the exclusive Sony PSX PS2, an SOny dominated the market

Now we have : Capcom , Squaresoft , Namco Bandai Konami (without Metal Gear for now) 
    The exclusives for the other consoles are finally finished (except internal production)
    Xbox with a low price, and a vast panorama videogame has all it takes to win the competition .

Sony PS3 + blu ray annoyng  (Loading endless Titles , blu ray for gaming is futile )
    Wii : Once finished internal  production for the Wii is the end ( PS I love nintendo Brand)
    The new Microsoft announcement is perhaps not important for titles, but for engagement partnership

If you would have posted that, with the original topic as a link, it would have made a very nice thread!

edit; replaced never with very,..

• User profile image
    Pace

If microsoft changes the design of the x360 , 
    creating the console, a small, rounded and white 
    PS3 + Wii  go to the cemetery  in 6 month.

Sorry but as pro microsoft as I am I disagree with you. 

The Wii appeals to a much wider audience than any console. You can pick up and play. Simple gameplay (in most games) coupled with simple, appealing graphics. Its a lifestyle console. Not everyone wants the latest kick * graphics and intense immersion in gaming. There are far more casual gamers than hardcore gamers. 

You dont have to be into gaming to appreciate the Wii. I think nintendo did really well with the wii and I think the deserve credit for taking another route. Which evidentally paid off. 

• User profile image
    Minh

blowdart said:
    Obviously, blowhard's problem w/ Dovella is personal.

Maybe blowhard knows Dovella and is jealous of his good looks?
    Maybe blowhard is insecured about himself because he has body odor problem?
    Maybe blowhard, being told he's inadequate technically somehow is linked with his other personal problems?

Regardless, blowhard, buddy, lighten up!

• User profile image
    Dovella

Minh said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

Maybe blowhard, being told he's inadequate technically somehow is linked with his other personal problems?

Blowdart??

Pls Microsoft i WOnt this Game

• User profile image
    wisemx

Minh said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

It's none of my business but I think he should be working harder on his public image, even here.
    http://idunno.org/archive/2008/09/16/look-ma-im-an-author.aspx

• User profile image
    PaoloM

wisemx said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    It's none of my business but I think he should be working harder on his public image, even here.
    Guys, let's raise the IQ of the thread above 20, ok?

• User profile image
    blowdart

wisemx said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I like my public image thanks; if I was petty there's probably grounds for consider D's silly game as a threat; but instead I'll treat it as the joke in which he means it. I think Tongue Out

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Nah, most of game you have mentioned are already announced years ago, except Tekken 6. It is good to see Xbox360 getting support from top franchise like FF13, Star Ocean: LH, RE5, and Tekken6. And Xbox360 finally picking up some pace after price drop.

Now, we have most of the high profile game developers on board, time to think about smaller developers. Like how about corny games like Katamari, yeah this one is on X360, I mean other Japanese corny games. You know, cooking mama or other low profile games for XBLA.

And where the hell is CryOn, is MystWalker dead or something? Don't tell me they chickened out after Square-Enix jumpped in.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bass

Please Dovella put stuff in your own words instead of copy pasting a marketing brochure into Channel 9. Thanks.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Bass said:
    Please Dovella put stuff in your own words instead of copy pasting a marketing brochure into Channel 9. Thanks.

• Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.