and Windows Mobile?

• User profile image
    figuerres

Dovella said:
    congrat. Silverlight team

wait

Silverlight 2: Google Chrome support, yes; iPhone, no

and Windows Mobile?
    Win Mobile / CE is I belive a planned thing for the future.

Mobile devices are small (Memory and storage) and many have .Net CF which has a lot of the same code that SL 2.0 would need (I think it would be the same anyway)

my guess is that it might be best to ship a ".Net + Silverlight for Mobile" as an alternative to shipping 2 versions of .Net for the target devices.

that might be totaly not what they are going to do but that's what I would look at if I was in that project.

• User profile image
    Dovella

figuerres said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Win Mobile / CE is I belive a planned thing for the future.

Mobile devices are small (Memory and storage) and many have .Net CF which has a lot of the same code that SL 2.0 would need (I think it would be the same anyway)

my guess is that it might be best to ship a ".Net + Silverlight for Mobile" as an alternative to shipping 2 versions of .Net for the target devices.

that might be totaly not what they are going to do but that's what I would look at if I was in that project.
    thanks for your answer

• User profile image
    turrican

Hm... I still can't find any support for Opera in it. I guess I won't be trying Silverlight for a long time.

• User profile image
    CKurt

turrican said:
    Hm... I still can't find any support for Opera in it. I guess I won't be trying Silverlight for a long time.
    Now how do I get the Deep Zoom Composer to work with this RTW ? Don't work with the RC0 ...

• User profile image
    kettch

CKurt said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    Now how do I get the Deep Zoom Composer to work with this RTW ? Don't work with the RC0 ...
    Deep Zoom Composer is compatible with Beta 2, and will (hopefully) be updated for RTW soon after it's release. RC0 is compatible with...absolutely nothing. Don't install it unless you need it.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

I like my "Unable to Install Silverlight" message...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    thetitanic

Oh wow, thanks for that hint. We'll see what it is able to. Just by reading the link it sounds link something that can be really useful.

• User profile image
    thetitanic

Thanks for that hint. We'll see what Silverlight is able to do. Just by reading that link you've included it sounds like something that can be really useful.

• User profile image
    CKurt

thetitanic said:
    Thanks for that hint. We'll see what Silverlight is able to do. Just by reading that link you've included it sounds like something that can be really useful.
    Unable to install if you have RC0....

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

turrican said:
    I think that Opera should be able to use the Silverlight plug-in: if you go to "Tools > Advanced > Plug-Ins" you can see that Opera has detected the Silverlight plug-in. I think the incompatibility is largely the JavaScript detection scripts that fail to recognize Opera as being able to run Silverlight.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dovella said:
    congrat. Silverlight team

wait

Silverlight 2: Google Chrome support, yes; iPhone, no

and Windows Mobile?
    Chrome? Are you sure?
    It doesn't work in Chrome for me...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

BlackTiger said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Chrome? Are you sure?
    It doesn't work in Chrome for me...

Get the bits from the development branch Wink

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

littleguru said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*

Get the bits from the development branch Wink

Errr.... Hmmmm.... Sorry, what do you mean? What is "development branch"?

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Anyone know where the CHM file gets downloaded to? No idea where to find it on my harddrive and it always gets hidden somewhere.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

BTW, I still can't install "Blend V2 SP1"... I had "previous" version (for SL2B2) before, but uninstalled it...

ERROR: "Windows Installer returned error code 1605"... WTF?

Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.