Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

.NET Messenger Service

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tensor

MSN wrote:
    Sign In
    The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
    Last Update: 28/02/2005 01:56:00 Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

OK - who broke messenger?

• User profile image
    Tensor

• User profile image
    barrieo

Tried logging in via the webmessenger?
    http://webmessenger.msn.com

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Tensor wrote:
    OK - who broke messenger?

Do I get to wear a t-shirt saying "I broke Messenger"?

• User profile image
    mixelz

Talking about NET Messenger Service;  I wonder how the infastructure is set up (servers/services etc) because it needs to handle alot of connections and the huge amount of messages being sent every second. And since it says .NET service I presume it runs on .net Tongue Out.

Is this correct, is everything writing using .net or perhaps unmanaged code? (And how do you set something that big up)

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

MSNM has got some SERIOUS problems lately. Please, people around here have all sorts of ideas on how to do this better. Please take them up.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Yeah, Messenger wasn't working for a while. It kept giving .NET passport server is to busy please try later. Click help to see server status. Upon clicking help it opened IE and took me to the server status page, which said that the server was fine.

Worst service ever,
    Loadsgood.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.