Coffeehouse Thread

29 posts

Apple has a new ad

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    corona_coder

This one is hillarious.  Everytime the Mac guy says the word Vi$ta, PC presses a buzzer.  Its very, very funny.  I saw it at my GF's house on TV.  It completely shreds the "I'm a PC" campaign.

• User profile image
    Minh

I'm not going to even consider this story until you blog about it! I'm subscribed!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Minh said:
    I'm not going to even consider this story until you blog about it! I'm subscribed!
    OMG they let anyone blog these days, there should be somekind of blog police,.

And I've always been tought; if you say something bad about somebody else, that it says more about you then the other person.

That's why I don't like Apple,... I'm sticking to Pears and Banana's.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Maddus Mattus said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    OMG they let anyone blog these days, there should be somekind of blog police,.

And I've always been tought; if you say something bad about somebody else, that it says more about you then the other person.

Pears and Bananas?  Loser.  Oranges FTW!

Herbie

• User profile image
    Bas

Dr Herbie said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

Pears and Bananas?  Loser.  Oranges FTW!

Herbie
    Please, people. Let's keep this civilized. Everyone knows mangoes are the ultimate fruit.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Bas said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*
    Please, people. Let's keep this civilized. Everyone knows mangoes are the ultimate fruit.
    Mangoes?  Mangoes are teh evil!  Mangoes are only popular because they use illegal business practices to lock the grocers in!
    Mangoes are non-functional pieces of junk!  The government should step into force everyone to use Oranges.
    We will crush all the other fruit!
    Herbie

• User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Dr Herbie said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Mangoes?  Mangoes are teh evil!  Mangoes are only popular because they use illegal business practices to lock the grocers in!
    Mangoes are non-functional pieces of junk!  The government should step into force everyone to use Oranges.
    We will crush all the other fruit!
    Herbie
    Fruitcake! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Ray7

Bas said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*
    Great! Now I'm gagging for a pineapple!

Thanks for that!

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

I'm starting to hate Apple more and more... It's just ridiculous... And not funny anymore.
    Apple is full of arrogant morons. I think MS should push "Apple tax" concept much more.
    It's more successful than stupid "I'm peesee!".

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Maddus Mattus said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*
    Fruitcake! Tongue Out
    Slander!  You'll be hearing from my Lawyers!

Herbie

• User profile image
    mikexkearney

BS thread,  as if corona_coder has a girlfriend. 

• User profile image
    stevo_

I think the bs is more that he has a friend at all, I don't buy that, they'd have all topped theirselves from his incessant monotone linux propaganda..

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I think the new Apple ad is pretty funny. And it certainly achieved its goal: everyone is talking about them again.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Sven Groot said:
    I think the new Apple ad is pretty funny. And it certainly achieved its goal: everyone is talking about them again.
    I don't really think the whole thing of bad marketing still being marketing - theres no real depth past saying it.. getting fed up of macs commercials isn't going to make me go out and buy a mac.. if anything out of spite I might consider not buying a product of theres thats actually ok.

Not only spite but if you've got to the point where you don't like the ads, you've got to the point where you realize the ads are bs - and whos going to buy products from a company whos entire ethos is to lie and take advantage of the ignorant?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Sven Groot said:
    "about them"... About whom? I have no idea what you're talking about...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

BlackTiger said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    "about them"... About whom? I have no idea what you're talking about...
    You know!,... them!,...

The aliens who are trying to take over the world with their freaky Apple computers!!

• User profile image
    Manabi

This is the new ad.

*facepalm.jpg*

Also, Paul Thurrott blogged about it: http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/10/20/it-s-official-apple-jumps-the-shark.aspx

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.