Coffeehouse Thread

146 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Aliens

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    turrican

     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    OLD
    not have come, had prepared an espresso


  • User profile image
    turrican

    Dovella said:
    OLD
    not have come, had prepared an espresso


     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    turrican said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

     

    PDC 2008 ? Big Smile

  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

    Dovella said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    PDC 2008 ? Big Smile
    No, mushrooms... Or herbs...

    If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    No, the robots are coming


  • User profile image
    turrican

    GoddersUK said:
    No, the robots are coming


     

  • User profile image
    Dodo

    turrican said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

     

    I don't get it... which aliens? Except you refer to me, I might indeed be from another place in the universe. Is that bad?

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    turrican said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

     

    No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

  • User profile image
    turrican

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

     

  • User profile image
    Bas

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.
    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BA-BUM.

    *cue funky 70's beat*


    (The album version is actually "No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space", by the way. CannotResolveSymbol is pobably quoting the book. *pushes up glasses and adjusts pocket protector*)

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    Aliens do not exist,
    We are the only species of the universe.

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    Bas said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*
    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BAB BAAAM!


    BAB BA-BUM.

    *cue funky 70's beat*


    (The album version is actually "No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space", by the way. CannotResolveSymbol is pobably quoting the book. *pushes up glasses and adjusts pocket protector*)
    My roommate has the album--  pretty awesome.  I was quoting the book, though.

  • User profile image
    turrican

    Dovella said:
    Aliens do not exist,
    We are the only species of the universe.

     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    turrican said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

     

    I learned from a secure source (the cousin of an alien) that the aliens coming  in the U.S.  27-28-29  October to See PDC and Windows 7 .
    I also heard that they wanted to kidnap Sinofsky



    Wink



  • User profile image
    turrican

    Dovella said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    I learned from a secure source (the cousin of an alien) that the aliens coming  in the U.S.  27-28-29  October to See PDC and Windows 7 .
    I also heard that they wanted to kidnap Sinofsky



    Wink



     

  • User profile image
    Dovella

    turrican said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

     

    OK.  I can wait Wink

  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

    turrican said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

     

    I don't think it is aliens. I'm not "disbeliever", I'm some sort of "sceptical believer". I think 99.999% of all "UFO facts" are just fakes or "come from Earth". But there still is 0.0001%... And this is interesting.

    If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.