Coffeehouse Thread

72 posts

Updated Microsoft .Net Logo sweetness

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

    Check out the updated .NET logo:



    New .NET logo!


    PDC is going to be rockin!

  • User profile image
    CKurt

    Nice ! The previews one was getting outdated!

  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

    That really is cool.

    I wish Microsoft would rethink some of their other new logos, like for Silverlight, which is an amorphous animating blob.

  • User profile image
    Bass

    I hate to be contrary, but it looks pretty stupid to me. Just use a frecken basketball net for the logo and be done with it already/

  • User profile image
    joechung

    Bass said:
    I hate to be contrary, but it looks pretty stupid to me. Just use a frecken basketball net for the logo and be done with it already/

    Why a basketball net?

  • User profile image
    Cyonix

    I really like it, looks very fresh

  • User profile image
    Bass

    joechung said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*

    Why a basketball net?

    I like basketball.

  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

    Bass said:
    joechung said:
    *snip*
    I like basketball.
    Bass,

    which do you like more, basketball nets or butterfly nets

  • User profile image
    tfraser

    brian.shapiro said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    Bass,

    which do you like more, basketball nets or butterfly nets
    Or fishing nets?

    Edit 1: The new .NET logo looks nice. I'd begun to think that they had forgotten about the old one.

  • User profile image
    Bass

    brian.shapiro said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    Bass,

    which do you like more, basketball nets or butterfly nets
    I think a basketball net better describes .NET

    Quick marketing people, change the logo to basketball net before any noticed you designed yet another squiggly line logo.

  • User profile image
    Bass

    tfraser said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    Or fishing nets?

    Edit 1: The new .NET logo looks nice. I'd begun to think that they had forgotten about the old one.
    What do fishing nets say? I'm a PC and I fish?

    The basketball net is clearly better. Basketball is a competition and .NET helps you rise above your competition. Plus basketball nets go against the typical stereotype that [.NET] developers are fat slobs who play no sports. No, using .NET means you are a jock now. And jocks get all the ladies.

    All this logo tells me is "Photoshop design intern", or "$19.95 your logo made while you shop". Now a basketball net, that would be special.

  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

    Bass said:
    tfraser said:
    *snip*
    What do fishing nets say? I'm a PC and I fish?

    The basketball net is clearly better. Basketball is a competition and .NET helps you rise above your competition. Plus basketball nets go against the typical stereotype that [.NET] developers are fat slobs who play no sports. No, using .NET means you are a jock now. And jocks get all the ladies.

    All this logo tells me is "Photoshop design intern", or "$19.95 your logo made while you shop". Now a basketball net, that would be special.
    I don't think nets of any kind have anything to do with .NET .

    Its hard to come up with a logo for it, so they come up with something abstract that they feel fits. What does the Visual Studio logo represent?--a bunch of segments linked together in a moebius, I think when they designed that they thought it represented how the development platform was a for a bunch of solutions working together into one design.

    The new .NET logo sort of looks like a thread (or ribbon) being threaded, and I think it kind of fits the point also.

  • User profile image
    Rowan

    It seems blurry... and reminds me of a leaf...

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Rowan said:
    It seems blurry... and reminds me of a leaf...
    Note how it's shaped like the letter "N".

    I have no complaints with the logo, but I think it could be beefed up a bit. I think the composition of the logo is too simple. Compare with the new Photoshop logo.

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    Bass said:
    I hate to be contrary, but it looks pretty stupid to me. Just use a frecken basketball net for the logo and be done with it already/
    well I'm with you here, I prefer the old one, although a logo doesn't mean anything especially if it's .NET

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Nice one. The other one was, indeed, getting old Smiley

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Ion Todirel said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    well I'm with you here, I prefer the old one, although a logo doesn't mean anything especially if it's .NET
    They should have changed the name to go with the logo, ".NET" is still hard to search for on Google.

  • User profile image
    vicip

    New logo is fresh and is more aligned with products and services like Silverlight and Live Mesh. And there is also vertical variant of logo: http://www.uxpassion.com/2008/10/new-microsoft-net-logo-and-branding/

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.