Coffeehouse Thread

59 posts

Fable 2 rocks!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    WillemM

The subject should say enough!
    Bought it saturday and completed the crusible today. Great game, with loads and loads of possibilities.

Anyone else bought this game?

• User profile image
    stevo_

Hell yes! its very very cool - friday I ended up getting:

Far cry 2
    Deadspace
    Fable 2

I've had a go at them all, and while I thought fable would be good, its blown the otheres out of the water.. such a great game, tons of effort put in!

• User profile image
    Bas

I heard some pretty good stuff about it. I haven't been impressed with Molyneux's games for years, but apparently this is really great. I heard it described as a sort of Oblivion-light, which sounds pretty ideal for just lounging on the couch. As soon as I'm done with The Force Unleashed, I'll pick it up.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

stevo_ said:
    Hell yes! its very very cool - friday I ended up getting:

Far cry 2
    Deadspace
    Fable 2

I've had a go at them all, and while I thought fable would be good, its blown the otheres out of the water.. such a great game, tons of effort put in!
    how is Deadspace?

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Oh man,...

This is going to seriously damage my free time;

Deadspace
    Gears of War 2
    Saints Row 2
    Bionic Commando
    Fable 2

Not to mention the assult on my budget,..

• User profile image
    androidi

A bit OT but important subject nevertheless.

I think gaming is unhealthy, potentially lethal. If The Perfect Game was made (The name of the game is Star Control 5, btw) you might forget to eat or drink playing it and end up dropping dead!

The dangers of making that good game are so grave that Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to make a while (newsuckersborn) { Halo++ } instead. Imagine if they had chosen to make SC5. No one would show up at work anymore!

OT: Googling for SC5 turns out the name is used for shoes?? I'm not sure if to say "for shame" or think some fan in the marketing either wanted to revive the interest to the game or cash in though still... shoes ??

• User profile image
    stevo_

Ion Todirel said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    how is Deadspace?
    Its pretty good, I wouldn't say its going to win any gotys, but I enjoyed playing it, blowing limbs off anything that moved never seemed to get old Big Smile

• User profile image
    Bas

androidi said:

I think gaming is unhealthy, potentially lethal. If The Perfect Game was made (The name of the game is Star Control 5, btw) you might forget to eat or drink playing it and end up dropping dead!

The dangers of making that good game are so grave that Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to make a while (newsuckersborn) { Halo++ } instead. Imagine if they had chosen to make SC5. No one would show up at work anymore!

OT: Googling for SC5 turns out the name is used for shoes?? I'm not sure if to say "for shame" or think some fan in the marketing either wanted to revive the interest to the game or cash in though still... shoes ??

I think reading is unhealthy, potentially lethal. If The Perfect Book was written (the name of the book is On Stranger Tides 2, by the way), you might forget to eat or drink reading it and end up dropping dead!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

androidi said:

The perfect game was featured in South Park season 11 episode 13 Guitar *-o;

Heroin Hero, it involved chasing a pink dragon and shooting heroin. That most would most defenitely rock!

play here: http://digg.com/pc_games/Play_HEROIN_HERO

I warned you!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas said:
    androidi said:
    *snip*
    I think reading is unhealthy, potentially lethal. If The Perfect Book was written (the name of the book is On Stranger Tides 2, by the way), you might forget to eat or drink reading it and end up dropping dead!
    As long as you don't read about trolls, elves and hobbits you are in the clear.

• User profile image
    Dovella

I knew the developer of Graphic Engine  Fable 2 , is Italian
    Nick is Fek  name is Francesco Carucci this is Blog .
    Francesco
    is a very sociable guy.

• User profile image
    Bas

Maddus Mattus said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    As long as you don't read about trolls, elves and hobbits you are in the clear.
    Don't worry, I'm more a pirates/zombie pirates/voodoo/werewolves/evil clowns/egyptian wizards kind of guy.

• User profile image
    Duncanma

I've been boring the rest of the dev team with my daily Fable 2 report for a bit now...  the combat/magic side of the game is most definitely "light", but I can't really complain about that too much as I just keep playing it. For fans of DeadSpace, I'll point out that after awhile in Fable 2 you can get good enough with a rifle to happily decapitate people from a good hundred yards away. Of course, that tends to alert their friends, so you only get a few shots in before you need to resort to your sword (my preferred choice anyway), or to using your very 'force unleashed like' will power called "Force Push".

• User profile image
    Bas

Duncanma said:
    I've been boring the rest of the dev team with my daily Fable 2 report for a bit now...  the combat/magic side of the game is most definitely "light", but I can't really complain about that too much as I just keep playing it. For fans of DeadSpace, I'll point out that after awhile in Fable 2 you can get good enough with a rifle to happily decapitate people from a good hundred yards away. Of course, that tends to alert their friends, so you only get a few shots in before you need to resort to your sword (my preferred choice anyway), or to using your very 'force unleashed like' will power called "Force Push".

Has anyone here played Fable 2 in multiplayer yet? I wonder how that is.

Of course, with a friends list of one, I suppose there's not much multiplaying going on for me.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Duncanma said:
    You sir, need help!

Bas -> add my C9 screen name to your friends list, then you have two!

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Man, reading this thread it's like you're all speaking Spanish. I haven't heard of even a single game mentioned in this thread. Wink

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Sven Groot said:
    Man, reading this thread it's like you're all speaking Spanish. I haven't heard of even a single game mentioned in this thread. Wink
    never heard of Far Cry? hmmm weird

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Ion Todirel said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    never heard of Far Cry? hmmm weird
    Ok I admit I've heard of that one. Not that I know what kind of game it is.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.