Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

corona_coder threads

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    turrican

    Hello everyone,

    Why won't you just ignore his threads and prevent them to "come up"? You all play right into his hands. I mean, he doesn't make sense. His threads are usually useless junk. Can't we just agree to ignore his threads as a community? I know it's hard, but come'on.

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    awww... but feeding trolls is fun Sad

  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    They put a Spam button in because of him, and they got rid of it. And it also got rid of him. They need to bring that back. BAD!!!

  • User profile image
    sushovande

    Why would you stop troll-feeding him? For one, according to JK Rowling, the best way to gain a friendship is to beat up a huge mountain troll together, but I digress.

    Several non-biased bloggers and commenters claim Windows 7 to be worse than Windows Vista and a blatent ripoff of KDE 4.
    Tell me reading statements like this doesn't make you laugh..

  • User profile image
    ZippyV

    GoddersUK said:
    awww... but feeding trolls is fun Sad
    No, it's retarded. You will never be able to 'win' his discussion because his arguments are already lies.

  • User profile image
    Bass

    sushovande said:
    Why would you stop troll-feeding him? For one, according to JK Rowling, the best way to gain a friendship is to beat up a huge mountain troll together, but I digress.
    Several non-biased bloggers and commenters claim Windows 7 to be worse than Windows Vista and a blatent ripoff of KDE 4.
    Tell me reading statements like this doesn't make you laugh..
    It's a bit of an exaggeration but a lot of people (maybe not "non-biased bloggers") do think the UI of Windows 7 is similar (maybe not "blatant ripoff") to the UI of KDE 4.

  • User profile image
    sushovande

    Bass said:
    sushovande said:
    *snip*
    It's a bit of an exaggeration but a lot of people (maybe not "non-biased bloggers") do think the UI of Windows 7 is similar (maybe not "blatant ripoff") to the UI of KDE 4.
    I didn't know that. I saw the screenshots of KDE, I don't find much of a similarity, but everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

    @ZippyV: the value lies in laughing at it, not winning it Wink

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    And you did it even worse: you started a separate thread on it! Wink

  • User profile image
    Bass

    sushovande said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    I didn't know that. I saw the screenshots of KDE, I don't find much of a similarity, but everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

    @ZippyV: the value lies in laughing at it, not winning it Wink
    To me personally, it seems quite similar. Also the new network manager seems very similar to Gnome's network manager. Not like there is anything wrong with that. Gnome's network manager is really good.

    Also some programs in Gnome use jump lists.. like Tomboy for instance. Which I mean is a useful feature.

  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

    Ahhh,.. we need Corona's voice on this forum as a source of etertainment,..

    If he leaves, who will be the next villiage idiot?

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    Maddus Mattus said:
    Ahhh,.. we need Corona's voice on this forum as a source of etertainment,..

    If he leaves, who will be the next villiage idiot?
    Maddus Mattus said:
    If he leaves, who will be the next villiage idiot?


    Why were you looking at me when you said that?  Don't deny it, I know you were!  I would like to make it clear that I'm not an idiot; my official classification is 'slow', not 'idiot'.

    Herbie

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    littleguru said:
    And you did it even worse: you started a separate thread on it! Wink
    /me wonders what would happen if MS sent corona a laptop preinstalled with Win7.

  • User profile image
    Yggdrasil

    Dr Herbie said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*


    Why were you looking at me when you said that?  Don't deny it, I know you were!  I would like to make it clear that I'm not an idiot; my official classification is 'slow', not 'idiot'.

    Herbie
    Really? I was sure you were going to accept the position, but insist on being referred to as DR. Idiot.

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    Yggdrasil said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*
    Really? I was sure you were going to accept the position, but insist on being referred to as DR. Idiot.
    well posting in a thread created by corona doesn't necessarily means you're feeding the troll, and it's ok to do it if there is a interesting discussion going on

  • User profile image
    corona_coder

    Lets just ignore your threads.  My threads are based on fact.  Just because you buy into everything the "mothership" spews doesnt mean everyone does.  Microsoft Windows  and Windows 7 especially is yesterdays technology.  It has features that have become standard years ago in alternative operating systems yet Microsoft passes them off as "new" and you buy into it, in fact you will probably buy it at the suggested retail of $1,000.00.

    gNewSense is already light years ahead of Windows 7.  I really laughed when I saw a video that Microsoft suggested that they got their "ideas" from Windows 1.0, when in reality it came from Mac OS X, KDE and gnome.  To answer a question from another thread, if Microsoft sent me a laptop with Win 7 on it, I would send it back with gNewSense installed to replace Win 7.

    If Microsoft wants to impress me, heres what you have to do.  Open Source the Windows kernel, make .ogg the default multimedia format or at least support it.  Drop the price so no one has to remortgage their home to afford it and/or release a basic version for no fee.  Allow the community to help improve the system, dont pull an Apple and reject everything submitted.  Open up your web services and cloud technologies to be run on other platforms, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, if Windows so superior then you wont have a problem with a little competition.  Change your culture.   Focus on one segment of the market, the desktop, mobile or server.  Not all three.  Encourage comptetion dont keep the IT industry in a stranglehold

    When Microsoft does all that then I will give Microsoft their props.  Until then, they can keep acting sneaky and running in the back alleys but the OSS watchdogs are out there to cut em off at every pass.

    If you dont like my threads Turrican then dont read them.  I appeal to the thinkers, not closed minded lapdogs.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    corona_coder said:
    Lets just ignore your threads.  My threads are based on fact.  Just because you buy into everything the "mothership" spews doesnt mean everyone does.  Microsoft Windows  and Windows 7 especially is yesterdays technology.  It has features that have become standard years ago in alternative operating systems yet Microsoft passes them off as "new" and you buy into it, in fact you will probably buy it at the suggested retail of $1,000.00.

    gNewSense is already light years ahead of Windows 7.  I really laughed when I saw a video that Microsoft suggested that they got their "ideas" from Windows 1.0, when in reality it came from Mac OS X, KDE and gnome.  To answer a question from another thread, if Microsoft sent me a laptop with Win 7 on it, I would send it back with gNewSense installed to replace Win 7.

    If Microsoft wants to impress me, heres what you have to do.  Open Source the Windows kernel, make .ogg the default multimedia format or at least support it.  Drop the price so no one has to remortgage their home to afford it and/or release a basic version for no fee.  Allow the community to help improve the system, dont pull an Apple and reject everything submitted.  Open up your web services and cloud technologies to be run on other platforms, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, if Windows so superior then you wont have a problem with a little competition.  Change your culture.   Focus on one segment of the market, the desktop, mobile or server.  Not all three.  Encourage comptetion dont keep the IT industry in a stranglehold

    When Microsoft does all that then I will give Microsoft their props.  Until then, they can keep acting sneaky and running in the back alleys but the OSS watchdogs are out there to cut em off at every pass.

    If you dont like my threads Turrican then dont read them.  I appeal to the thinkers, not closed minded lapdogs.
    Open up your web services and cloud technologies to be run on other platforms, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, if Windows so superior then you wont have a problem with a little competition.

    I laughed hard at this. If Linux is so superior why do you need Microsoft to port their bits to other platforms? That's nothing if not an admission Linux cannot compete. Heck you already have Amazon's cloud services; aren't they linux based? Oh and the whole point about web services is they are interoperable. Well, unless you happen to use PHP where it's WSE support is limited.

    Focus on one segment of the market, the desktop, mobile or server.  Not all three. 

    Why? Linux is on all three of those platforms. Why should MS ignore them, unless, again, you're admitting you need help to get a foothold.

    And the perennial make .ogg the default multimedia format or at least support it

    MS does support formats; write a DirectShow plugin for it. In fact, there already is one. I have .ogg files I can play quite happily.

    I know, I know, we shouldn't pick on the retarded kid, it's mean.

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    blowdart said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    Open up your web services and cloud technologies to be run on other platforms, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, if Windows so superior then you wont have a problem with a little competition.

    I laughed hard at this. If Linux is so superior why do you need Microsoft to port their bits to other platforms? That's nothing if not an admission Linux cannot compete. Heck you already have Amazon's cloud services; aren't they linux based? Oh and the whole point about web services is they are interoperable. Well, unless you happen to use PHP where it's WSE support is limited.

    Focus on one segment of the market, the desktop, mobile or server.  Not all three. 

    Why? Linux is on all three of those platforms. Why should MS ignore them, unless, again, you're admitting you need help to get a foothold.

    And the perennial make .ogg the default multimedia format or at least support it

    MS does support formats; write a DirectShow plugin for it. In fact, there already is one. I have .ogg files I can play quite happily.

    I know, I know, we shouldn't pick on the retarded kid, it's mean.

    blowdart said:
    ...we shouldn't pick on the retarded kid, it's mean


    Why are you looking at me when .... oh no, wait, you weren't.


    Dr Idiot

  • User profile image
    corona_coder

    blowdart said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    Open up your web services and cloud technologies to be run on other platforms, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, if Windows so superior then you wont have a problem with a little competition.

    I laughed hard at this. If Linux is so superior why do you need Microsoft to port their bits to other platforms? That's nothing if not an admission Linux cannot compete. Heck you already have Amazon's cloud services; aren't they linux based? Oh and the whole point about web services is they are interoperable. Well, unless you happen to use PHP where it's WSE support is limited.

    Focus on one segment of the market, the desktop, mobile or server.  Not all three. 

    Why? Linux is on all three of those platforms. Why should MS ignore them, unless, again, you're admitting you need help to get a foothold.

    And the perennial make .ogg the default multimedia format or at least support it

    MS does support formats; write a DirectShow plugin for it. In fact, there already is one. I have .ogg files I can play quite happily.

    I know, I know, we shouldn't pick on the retarded kid, it's mean.

    " I laughed hard at this. If Linux is so superior why do you need Microsoft to port their bits to other platforms? That's nothing if not an admission Linux cannot compete. Heck you already have Amazon's cloud services; aren't they linux based? Oh and the whole point about web services is they are interoperable. Well, unless you happen to use PHP where it's WSE support is limited."

    Why not let Live services run on GNU/Linux.  Give GNU/Linux users full access to Outlook Web Access instead of just "basic" support.  Its about community and competition correct, well give an consistent experience across all platforms.  Thats one of the reasons why Googles kicking Microsofts proverbial butts in the marketplace, that and their infrastructure is so much more superior many small businesses run their e-mail off of gmail, try using live mail you would have multi-hour outages everyday.  Its not a windows only world anymore and until Microsoft embraces that it will always be third place behind google and giving us legacy platforms like Windows 7 using yesterdays technology doesnt help them recover the marketshare they are losing everyday tp GNU/Linux and Apple.

    " Why? Linux is on all three of those platforms. Why should MS ignore them, unless, again, you're admitting you need help to get a foothold."

    Windows wont be on Mobile much longer, Androids already getting rave reviews and Palm will start offering Android.  Microsoft will lose the mobile segment just like they have the server.  More GNU/Linux servers out there than Windows, the only segment Microsoft still has any significant marketshare and its dwindling daily, is the desktop where they keep trying to stranglehold.  So Microsoft can either learn to cooperate or die a slow painful death.

    " MS does support formats; write a DirectShow plugin for it. In fact, there already is one. I have .ogg files I can play quite happily."

    Is it standard in Windows?  Nope.  Support Open Standards.

    " I know, I know, we shouldn't pick on the retarded kid, it's mean."

    So why do you keep picking on Turrican and Dr. Herbie, Mr. put-my-hands-over-my-face-like-a-retarded-kid.


Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.