Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Checkout this taskmanager! win2k8R2

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    turrican
  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Me want... although some might say a 256-core computer is a little overkill.

More interesting about this screenshot is that Win2k8 R2 is apparently going to get the new taskbar.  Snazzy.

• User profile image
    obrienslalom

*squints to read that ip*
    -edit (private addresses are stupid..)

• User profile image
    littleguru

I wonder if this is virtualized, just to test it Smiley A virtual machine with faked 256 CPUs.

• User profile image
    turrican

CannotResolveSymbol said:

More interesting about this screenshot is that Win2k8 R2 is apparently going to get the new taskbar.  Snazzy.
    Yeah I also noticed that nice taskbar.. can't wait!

Smiley

• User profile image
    turrican

[ 256 cores ought to be enough for everyone! ]

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    stevo_

Sooo, release 2 of 2008 is going to be the server version of 7 right? so could be pretty different right? well the taskbar for one..

• User profile image
    staceyw

turrican said:
    [ 256 cores ought to be enough for everyone! ]

Tongue Out
    "[ 256 cores ought to be enough for everyone! ]"

That is what we said about 2 cores not too long ago Smiley  I think 256 is the OS max for w2k08 for now AFAICT.

• User profile image
    Manabi

So, I guess that this is what the new taskbar will look like in Classic mode. Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Manabi said:
    So, I guess that this is what the new taskbar will look like in Classic mode. Smiley
    If it is classic mode, it needs more love. Those buttons look like they've got hardcoded 2px borders rather than anything more aesthetic like the quicklaunch's 1px-on-hover borders.

• User profile image
    turrican

W3bbo said:
    Manabi said:
    *snip*
    If it is classic mode, it needs more love. Those buttons look like they've got hardcoded 2px borders rather than anything more aesthetic like the quicklaunch's 1px-on-hover borders.
    Yes but how would you know which app is "aktiv" if they only get border on hover? hm... although it's hard to discuss this I guess until we start testing it.

Perplexed

• User profile image
    stevo_

turrican said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*
    Yes but how would you know which app is "aktiv" if they only get border on hover? hm... although it's hard to discuss this I guess until we start testing it.

Perplexed
    Classic they should probably turn blue or something to follow the generic "blue = active" classic windows thing.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

what are you going to do with it? for standard applications *is* useless Tongue Out

• User profile image
    turrican

Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    what are you going to do with it? for standard applications *is* useless Tongue Out
    naah, CPU is like RAM... and they are both like money, you can NEVER have enough!

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

• User profile image
    stevo_

turrican said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    naah, CPU is like RAM... and they are both like money, you can NEVER have enough!

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out
    I think you can considering 256 cpus is the most the os will support atm no? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    turrican

stevo_ said:
    turrican said:
    *snip*
    I think you can considering 256 cpus is the most the os will support atm no? Tongue Out

baah, that's easy to solve. I'll install two OSes!

hahha...

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

turrican said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

baah, that's easy to solve. I'll install two OSes!

hahha...

Tongue Out

Indeed, add a bit of Hyper-v and I could run my entire company on that Smiley

• User profile image
    PaoloM

W3bbo said:
    Manabi said:
    *snip*

Did you say "classic" and "aestethic" in the same sentence?

Does not compute Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.