Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

What laptop on market today will work with Windows 7 Multi-Touch?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CRPietschma​nn

I know the DELL Latitude XT supports multi-touch, but it currently uses DELL's own proprietary software to do so. It looks like it'll support Windows 7 Multi-Touch, but I haven't seen it really confirmed anywhere.

Do anyone know of any laptops, currently on the market, that support the Multi-Touch capabilities in Windows 7? well, at least the pre-beta of Windows 7 that was released at PDC?

• User profile image
    Bass

Oh oh I know! Windows 7 on an iPhone!

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

Bass said:
    Oh oh I know! Windows 7 on an iPhone!
    I'm hoping my Toshiba m700 will support it, since it uses capacative touch, which is supposed to be good with multi-touch.  I also notice that if I put multiple fingers on the screen the mouse moves the the average of all of the points of contact. *fingers crossed*

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

AFAIK the dell is the only laptop at the moment that supports multitouch. The HP Touchsmart also does (I have it running with Win 7 and new driver on mine). I seem to remember that HP announced that they will be introducing multitouch laptops in the future and I'd trust them to do so - they seem to be willing to take risks like this. But at the moment, I think they only shipping laptop is the Dell.

• User profile image
    sushovande

What do you mean Dell Propreitory software? Going by what Julie L Green said during the D5 conference, it was a bios update. I am sure they will ship it at Win7 RTM timeframe.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.