Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Live Mesh nominated as Best Technology Innovation for 2008!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsenior

I'm excited to let everyone know that Live Mesh has been nominated in the "Best Technology Innovation/Achievement" category at the Crunchies 2008.  If you'd like to vote head over to http://crunchies2008.techcrunch.com/votes/, but remember that voting ends on Monday, January 5th 2009!

Thanks!

James

Live Services Evangelist, Microsoft
    http://www.jamessenior.com

• User profile image
    Bas

I have to see more coming out of Mesh than the file synching application it is now, before I'd consider it a technology innovatin or achievement. I know what is promised (the video with Ori Amiga was great), and if that happens, it'll truely blow me away, but right now all the little blue orb in my system tray does is synch my visual studio projects, and that's hardly innovative.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Bas said:
    I have to see more coming out of Mesh than the file synching application it is now, before I'd consider it a technology innovatin or achievement. I know what is promised (the video with Ori Amiga was great), and if that happens, it'll truely blow me away, but right now all the little blue orb in my system tray does is synch my visual studio projects, and that's hardly innovative.
    All it did for me was give continuous warnings about Mesh RDP not being installed and failing to install it, give update notifications every few hours even though there were no updates available, sync considerably slower than FolderShare aka. Live Sync, and failing to sync my OneNote Notebooks folder correctly. So I switched back to Live Sync.

• User profile image
    Ray7

Bas said:
    Have to agree. Until it actually does something useful for a large group of people, then it's really a proof of concept.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.