Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Live Mesh nominated as Best Technology Innovation for 2008!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • jsenior

I'm excited to let everyone know that Live Mesh has been nominated in the "Best Technology Innovation/Achievement" category at the Crunchies 2008.  If you'd like to vote head over to http://crunchies2008.techcrunch.com/votes/, but remember that voting ends on Monday, January 5th 2009!

Thanks!

James

Live Services Evangelist, Microsoft
    http://www.jamessenior.com

• Bas

I have to see more coming out of Mesh than the file synching application it is now, before I'd consider it a technology innovatin or achievement. I know what is promised (the video with Ori Amiga was great), and if that happens, it'll truely blow me away, but right now all the little blue orb in my system tray does is synch my visual studio projects, and that's hardly innovative.

• Sven Groot

Bas said:
    I have to see more coming out of Mesh than the file synching application it is now, before I'd consider it a technology innovatin or achievement. I know what is promised (the video with Ori Amiga was great), and if that happens, it'll truely blow me away, but right now all the little blue orb in my system tray does is synch my visual studio projects, and that's hardly innovative.
    All it did for me was give continuous warnings about Mesh RDP not being installed and failing to install it, give update notifications every few hours even though there were no updates available, sync considerably slower than FolderShare aka. Live Sync, and failing to sync my OneNote Notebooks folder correctly. So I switched back to Live Sync.

• Ray7

Bas said:
    Have to agree. Until it actually does something useful for a large group of people, then it's really a proof of concept.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.