Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Live Mesh & Skydrive

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • esoteric

This has probably been discussed before, but looking at the cool 25 GB SkyDrive space I'm wondering if that will be integrated into Live Mesh. Mesh has a nice way to easily upload files transparently and nobody likes upload forms.

• magicalclick

Put storage aside since I am sure it will get larger in the future. I thought about SkyDrive and LiveMesh together, but then, I wanted it to be separate later on. SkyDrive is safe from ME. There is no way I am going to accidentally delete a file from SkyDrive. But Live Mesh gives me chillz. Not only it was buggy before, but I am buggy myself. A workspace is good, but not like SkyDrive I can do backup without worrying I mess it up myself.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • CKurt

They said Live Mesh integration with other Live products is comming in the next release of the Windows Live Platform, wave 4 as you may say.

So they will do it eventualy, but first the Live Framework CTP needs to be put togetter with the current version of Mesh running, so everybody's local MOE.exe become a local LOE.exe and we can get going with adding application to our real mesh.

• esoteric

magicalclick said:
    Put storage aside since I am sure it will get larger in the future. I thought about SkyDrive and LiveMesh together, but then, I wanted it to be separate later on. SkyDrive is safe from ME. There is no way I am going to accidentally delete a file from SkyDrive. But Live Mesh gives me chillz. Not only it was buggy before, but I am buggy myself. A workspace is good, but not like SkyDrive I can do backup without worrying I mess it up myself.
    In this regard Dropbox is quite neat, as it will actually not erase files you delete, rather they become shadow files that you can choose to purge completely from the system, but you have that extra level of safety. Of course any such feature could be abused for artificially adding more space - unless anything that doesn't fit get auto-purged. Volume Shadow Copy for Mesh/SkyDrive?

• esoteric

CKurt said:
    They said Live Mesh integration with other Live products is comming in the next release of the Windows Live Platform, wave 4 as you may say.

So they will do it eventualy, but first the Live Framework CTP needs to be put togetter with the current version of Mesh running, so everybody's local MOE.exe become a local LOE.exe and we can get going with adding application to our real mesh.
    Sounds good.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.