Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Win7 - Any compatibility issues?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

Has anyone tested any of the media apps, like Media Center, iTunes and WMP.

If someone could verify that sharing music to extenders via WMP still works that would be awesome.

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

phreaks said:
    Has anyone tested any of the media apps, like Media Center, iTunes and WMP.

If someone could verify that sharing music to extenders via WMP still works that would be awesome.
    I tried playing an .avi over the network in WMP - but the entire system froze immediately after the video started playing. I don't know if this was due to any OS issue relating to media, or the network, so I couldn't charge this as an issue with Windows7. It may very well be that the problem was a result of installing this OS on a crappy old laptop. However, it should be noted that this laptop previously ran Vista Business and played media just fine.

• User profile image
    phreaks

jonathansampson said:
    phreaks said:
    *snip*
    I tried playing an .avi over the network in WMP - but the entire system froze immediately after the video started playing. I don't know if this was due to any OS issue relating to media, or the network, so I couldn't charge this as an issue with Windows7. It may very well be that the problem was a result of installing this OS on a crappy old laptop. However, it should be noted that this laptop previously ran Vista Business and played media just fine.
    awe, bummer.

thanks for the info.

• User profile image
    jamie

phreaks said:
    jonathansampson said:
    *snip*
    awe, bummer.

thanks for the info.
    i just noticed the following - can anyone confirm?

I use this A LOT..

ftp://domain:password@domain.com

I know in vista and sp2 - they made this My Computer only (no longer works in IE)
    but in Win7 - it looks like it doesnt even work in My Computer

this is a real drag if they removed it... how DO you get windows for ftp then?

• User profile image
    phreaks

jamie said:
    phreaks said:
    *snip*
    i just noticed the following - can anyone confirm?

I use this A LOT..

ftp://domain:password@domain.com

I know in vista and sp2 - they made this My Computer only (no longer works in IE)
    but in Win7 - it looks like it doesnt even work in My Computer

this is a real drag if they removed it... how DO you get windows for ftp then?
    http://www.flashfxp.com/

• User profile image
    jamie

phreaks said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    http://www.flashfxp.com/
    for my purposes right now - that works great - thanks
    (i still use ftp explorer but it hangs )

love how this app has a proper Explorer UI - with UP. Smiley

*id like to meet the people responsible for re-arranging all the things that have been in windows for 10 years, adding more layers of hand-holding while removing FTP and destroying the monitor dialgue.

like in an alley ... at nite.   Tongue Out

ps - opening adobe reader - every other time or so - results in windows switching to non areo and changing my 30" monitor to 1280 x 1024

There is no way to set it back to 2560 x 1600 without rebooting... where in i dont change anything and it comes back correct res.

• User profile image
    phreaks

jamie said:
    phreaks said:
    *snip*
    for my purposes right now - that works great - thanks
    (i still use ftp explorer but it hangs )

love how this app has a proper Explorer UI - with UP. Smiley

*id like to meet the people responsible for re-arranging all the things that have been in windows for 10 years, adding more layers of hand-holding while removing FTP and destroying the monitor dialgue.

like in an alley ... at nite.   Tongue Out

ps - opening adobe reader - every other time or so - results in windows switching to non areo and changing my 30" monitor to 1280 x 1024

There is no way to set it back to 2560 x 1600 without rebooting... where in i dont change anything and it comes back correct res.
    Ya, IMHO FlashFxp is hands down the best FTP client for windows.

Plus if you buy it, you get a Lifetime of upgrades, and it does server to server transfers as well.

(y)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.