Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Uncool bug: Smileys

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Hi C9 admins: hi charles, hi scoble,

there is a problem with smileys when you look at the user's profile. For example mine: http://channel9.msdn.com/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=6070

I posted recently the "locked" image issue and added a smiley into the posting. When I'm now on the page of my profile instead of viewing the smiley a "image not found"-thing shows up.

The image url of the smiley image is set to:
    http://channel9.msdn.com/User/emoticons/emotion-1.gif
    when I'm on the profile page... I guess you used a relative url, which is not working in the user profile page.

Cheers

• User profile image
    Maurits

This issue also affects RSS.  When I view the RSS digest, the relative smiley URLs result in broken images.

• User profile image
    Charles

Duplicate bug. This is already known. Thanks.

Charles

• User profile image
    Charles

Fixed.

However, changes won't show in already-posted posts unless they are edited (so, re-saved). Sorry 'bout that. Going forward you'll see your emoticons in profile view with new or edited posts....

Charles

• User profile image
    sbc

Do you ever sleep? Lots of time spent fixing Channel 9 (what little there is to fix). Keep up the good work.

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks. Yeah, I sleep. Last night I closed my eyes at 2:30 am.

Being the only developer around here these days, I have my work cut out for me. Sorry about all the bugs, but we put this site together in record time using pretty much somebody else's codebase (we stiched together three separate projects and molded them into a single Channel 9).

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

wasnt Bryn the dev for c9?  is he not around anymore?

• User profile image
    sbc

Which three are those (FlexWiki and ASP.NET Forums I assume are two of them)?

Bugs are bound to appear in software, all you can do is minimize the impact of them.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Charles wrote:

Being the only developer around here these days, I have my work cut out for me. Sorry about all the bugs, but we put this site together in record time using pretty much somebody else's codebase (we stiched together three separate projects and molded them into a single Channel 9).

Charles

You should not be sorry. It's a great site, with only a few bugs!

• User profile image
    Charles

Bryn was a dev for C9, yes. He is now working on another really cool project...

Bryn has mad skillz. He's needed in other places. I love this place and decided that I will focus on C9 rather than moving to another project and handing our child off to some other people.

Charles

• User profile image
    sbc

Guess we will have to wait and see what that project is.

How many of the 9 Guys are still actively participating (apart from Charles and Scoble)?

• User profile image
    jamie

C9 - not just a project / a way of life Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

sbc wrote:

How many of the 9 Guys are still actively participating (apart from Charles and Scoble)?

Scoble and I run the ship. Lenn, as always, is the Admiral.

Jeff is off running his own evangelism team.

You know what Bryn is up to (well, you don't, but it is cool).

However, keep in mind that there are others like Josh Legard, Mike Hall and (soon) Sampy that are creating video content for the site.

In terms of decision making, planning, etc there's basically two of us now and Lenn, the kingpin.

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

bug!

Wink

• User profile image
    lenn

C9 started as a grass roots effort on a team of evangelists.  It got going with some help of a lot of people.  Now that it is up and moving, some people move on to new jobs and others come in and join us. 

Charles and Scoble are the driving forces behind the day to day.  You have to love their dedication to this site.  We love to hear what we can do better, so keep the feedback coming.

As for me being a "kingpin" ? 

Carmine ... I prefer "spiritual advisor to Channel 9"

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Charles wrote:

Charles

Should I cut down on the bug finding? I seem to be the major bug finder on Channel9, maybe I should stop. Do you want a smaller work load, and more sleep? If so say the word and I'll let Channel9 be bug filled.

To debug or not to debug? That is the question.
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    sbc

Charles wrote:
    sbc wrote:

Scoble and I run the ship. Lenn, as always, is the Admiral.

Jeff is off running his own evangelism team.

You know what Bryn is up to (well, you don't, but it is cool).

However, keep in mind that there are others like Josh Legard, Mike Hall and (soon) Sampy that are creating video content for the site.

In terms of decision making, planning, etc there's basically two of us now and Lenn, the kingpin.

Charles

Sampy is a prolific poster here, so it is good that he is doing a video. Bruce Morgan is a good contributer as well. Is there a way of finding out the top 10 Microsoft posters? Does Scoble fix bugs in Channel 9 as well?

• User profile image
    Charles

Keep the bugs coming, Loadsgood. I appreciate your dedication.

Lenn, you certainly don't run our team like a Capo.
    Spirtual Advisor is much better Wink

SBC, we don't let Scoble near the sources. There's plenty of bugs already Smiley (Scoble's not a developer)

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.