Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Any hints yet on VS 2010/.net 4 CTP or BETA release date?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    OrigamiCar

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's been any information or hints yet about potential release dates for either a CTP or BETA release of Visual studio 2010 and .net framework 4.0?
    Now that Windows 7 Beta 1 is out, I'm chomping at the bit to do some multitouch development experiments on my HP Touchsmart computer (have already installed win 7 and the multitouch driver for it).
    As I'm a managed coding type of guy, that means WPF and the System.Windows.Input.Touchpoint/TouchPointCollection namespaces in .net 4.0.
    I know there's a VPC image of early CTP available here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=922B4655-93D0-4476-BDA4-94CF5F8D4814&displaylang=en which is the same VPC image we got at PDC but it doesn't come on a Win 7 OS so it's not much use to me.

Not really bothered about specific dates, just want to know if we are weeks or months away from an installable CTP/BETA.
    We're seeing quite a few new videos on Channel 9 for vs.net 2010, so I'm guessing there may be something coming soon, but I've not seen any information confirming/denying this.

Thanks all!

• User profile image
    DouglasH

nothing definitive.  but rumors are around Mix timeframe.  Rumors are early views of silverlight 3 and blend 3 also.

ymmv
    Douglash

• User profile image
    sushovande
  • User profile image
    warren

I suspect we might not see a proper VS2010 beta until PDC, which is in November.

• User profile image
    wkempf

warren said:
    I suspect we might not see a proper VS2010 beta until PDC, which is in November.

That's when you can expect a release, not a beta.  All bets are on RTM in that time frame, with official release in at the Jan/Feb time frame.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

wkempf said:
    warren said:
    *snip*
    That's when you can expect a release, not a beta.  All bets are on RTM in that time frame, with official release in at the Jan/Feb time frame.
    It was exactly 2 years between VS2005 and VS 2008, so the same may happen with VS 2010 for sure!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.