littleguru said:
Charles said:
*snip*
Yeah. It kind of comes late. That's also making me wonder if it is really something to be excited about. Also, I think it really has to do with the geologic stuff that's going on and not with little green people that life on the Mars... but I might be wrong.

It would be cool do find life outside of earth. That might finally proof that we are not the center of the universe and it would be also very cool to see what excatly lifes on other planets.
littleguru said:
It would be cool do find life outside of earth. That might finally proof that we are not the center of the universe...

I don't understand the motivation behind this thinking. Why do we need to demonstrate that we are not special? What advantage would that give us? It reminds me of an opinion column in Discover Magazine recently that suggested the Universe was created by a superior intelligence that exists within the Universe, rather than outside of it. It was suggested that this would finally remove any hint of the supernatural. But I've got to ask, why is it our goal to remove the supernatural? Isn't Science supposed to be about gaining understanding in an unbiased manner? Seems like everybody has a goal they want to see Science achieve. They want it to dethrone God apparently. Whatever happened to following the data wherever it leads?