littleguru said:
Charles said:
*snip*
Yeah. It kind of comes late. That's also making me wonder if it is really something to be excited about. Also, I think it really has to do with the geologic stuff that's going on and not with little green people that life on the Mars... but I might be wrong.

It would be cool do find life outside of earth. That might finally proof that we are not the center of the universe and it would be also very cool to see what excatly lifes on other planets.
If there is life on Mars (or, more probable in my opinion, on  Saturn's moon Titan) and it is carbon-based, then it most likely (almost positively) will be microbial. Only microbes can evolve in acid-like condtions or extreme temperature environments. There are most likely some form of organic or even inorganic "germs" and "bacteria" on other rocky planets. Thing is, they typically have no built-in capability to conceive, so they aren't able to build interplanetry spacecraft to fly to new worlds and new civiliaztions, to boldly go where no microbe has gone before, to search out new cracks and crevices to colonize.... Smiley

C