Coffeehouse Thread

33 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

7: No Photostory. REMOVES Moviemaker (on upgrade!)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

BAH!

ARG!

* insert expletive here *

..so wtf do i use to do some stuff - i was about to do ...that i guess im no longer doing.

MS - STOP $%#^$%#^$&$&$^#%$^#&#%$ REMOVING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: im pretty mad.  you know what i want to do?  i want to find out how to run XP (no SP2) in ubuntu. then load all my apps and treat the whole thing like one application.  (ghost it -whatever)  "Programs of the past" click here.  Like the Matrix - a snapshot of operating systems and browsers at there best - forever.

then anything NEW i learn. buy or download ...will be on linux

• User profile image
    ZippyV

http://download.live.com/moviemaker

It's now part of Windows Live.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

By no photostory do you mean it doesn't work? It's an old app... they've probably not delibrately broken it. It is called "Photostory 3 for Windows XP".

It only removes movie maker because, like so many other things, that is going Windows Live.

• User profile image
    jamie

ZippyV said:
    http://download.live.com/moviemaker

It's now part of Windows Live.

Error symbol The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

ps - i dont want to use a movie editor online EVER

*&%&^&^$&^* ever

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

Error symbol The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

*&%&^&^$&^* ever
    It's not an "online movie editor."  It's just the next version of the same app you've been using, with the Windows Live branding.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

jamie said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

*&%&^&^$&^* ever

But be aware it's not feature complete yet.

• User profile image
    jamie

GoddersUK said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

But be aware it's not feature complete yet.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

jamie said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*
    jamie do you have a mazie slideshow on your desktop now

• User profile image
    jamie

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    It's not an "online movie editor."  It's just the next version of the same app you've been using, with the Windows Live branding.
    ..its bull&^#$^  CONSULTANT, COMMITEE, GARBAGE.

1 down (bush) 1 to go.....

• User profile image
    jamie

brian.shapiro said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    jamie do you have a mazie slideshow on your desktop now
    i COULD have Wink

but hey - the next generation will keep things in check... except for the things they NEVER NEW they could have, should have and now DONT have.  (mainly control - in ie, windows, and everything else.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

I don't get you. This has been said for so many months. Win7 no longer has its own Photo Gallery, Mail, and Movie Maker because Live is offering the same thing. And Movie Maker is not online at all, unless you haven't install it and it was trying to download? Or you accidentally click Publish or somehting?

People complaint Windows is bloated. And now, they complaint it is now an free optional install? It never ends.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

magicalclick said:
    I don't get you. This has been said for so many months. Win7 no longer has its own Photo Gallery, Mail, and Movie Maker because Live is offering the same thing. And Movie Maker is not online at all, unless you haven't install it and it was trying to download? Or you accidentally click Publish or somehting?

People complaint Windows is bloated. And now, they complaint it is now an free optional install? It never ends.
    i never complained about bundling

i complain about BUNGLING!!

i complain about removal on upgrade of paid for app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ok i didnt pay)   ..so?

* if i have MM in vista and upgrade... who here really believes it is MS's right - to REMOVE that app - and make me download a new one?

• User profile image
    jamie

jamie said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

i complain about removal on upgrade of paid for app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ok i didnt pay)   ..so?

* if i have MM in vista and upgrade... who here really believes it is MS's right - to REMOVE that app - and make me download a new one?
    ps -so you think you are a web service? saas?  well your NOT.

you cant have it both ways if you are charging 500$ for your product (lame bullcrap broken product needing "paint"

NOW PUT BACK MM and make Photostory WORK

...sales guy goofs.... mumble mumble.....

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

cool that they removed it, nice Tongue Out Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Jamie get over yourself. You are not Microsoft's only customer. You're not special either. M'kay? Windows is not developed just for you.

Heck movie maker has been part of Live for well over a year.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

blowdart said:
    Jamie get over yourself. You are not Microsoft's only customer. You're not special either. M'kay? Windows is not developed just for you.

Heck movie maker has been part of Live for well over a year.
    I can understand Jamie's concerns, though, especially because Live Movie Maker in its current state is almost completely useless.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sven Groot said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    I can understand Jamie's concerns, though, especially because Live Movie Maker in its current state is almost completely useless.
    Yes but hiving it off to a product team and taking out of the Windows release cycle should mean

Less testing needed for the OS
    More frequent releases for the software
    Less chance of abandonment

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

jamie said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

(ok i didnt pay)   ..so?

who here really believes it is MS's right - to REMOVE that app - and make me download a new one?
    Because it's a part of Windows Vista, but not Windows 7? They're not forcefully removing it, you don't have to upgrade to Windows 7 if you don't want.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.