Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Mono Downmix

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    esoteric

In various players there's DSPs to downmix to mono. The problem is, I'd like to use Windows Media Player. Is there a mono downmixer for it somewhere? If not, then how - is there a mono DSP for Windows itself that can just be plugged in? (Using 7)

And so why on earth use mono? Well if one of your speakers aren't working then it's real handy to not hear only one channel in the other speaker.

Any help appreciated. Last line of defense is to revert to foobar...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tried looking at the settings control panel for your soundcard? That way you can get it for all programs.

The Analog Devices chipset in my desktop has this feature, so it's worth checking out.

...and what's with the foobar bashing? Smiley

• User profile image
    Dodo

You could use the speaker settings in Windows and set it to having a single speaker only. Or if that's not possible (Windows 7 and maybe Vista, don't know about Vista) you can use ffdshow for audio decoding and enable that filter.

• User profile image
    esoteric

W3bbo said:
    Tried looking at the settings control panel for your soundcard? That way you can get it for all programs.

The Analog Devices chipset in my desktop has this feature, so it's worth checking out.

...and what's with the foobar bashing? Smiley
    I have nothing against foobar - in fact it's a great minimalistic app. But now, for the first time, I really feel Windows Media Player is becoming truly useful. Besides, even though I love foobar, it often crashes on library scanning. That is not so with Windows Media Player.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.