21 posts

Oh no! My win7 install is screwed :(

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

OnlyJack said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    I'm sure it isn't Adobe Reader 9, it's something MS did because I installed Quicktime on another windows 7 that I had put on another PC and the install worked flawlessly. I installed dozens of applications before Quicktime (some heavy ones like visual studio, vmware, office, jdk, eclipse, premiere cs4) including Acrobat 9 that was the first I installed and none of them gave this issue. This issue started appearing 3 days ago as the boom of posts about that issue started the 18th of january proves, I've had the Windows 7 7000 build installed on the other PC since it was leaked almost 3 weeks ago and I never had this issue there, most likely because that PC wasn't connected to the internet during that time.
    Check in your Windows Update history what was installed just before you started seeing this.

• User profile image
    Dexter

I have 2 Win7 installation which have the same update history (basically it's the update for mp3s etc.). Interstingly: the installation where this issue occurs has far less installed software that the other.

The way it looks it's either:
    - a setting that I change and somehow it prevents MSI SQM from working
    - some data files that are used by SQM got corrupted and now whenever it tries to start a session it crashes

• User profile image
    OnlyJack

PaoloM said:
    OnlyJack said:
    *snip*
    Check in your Windows Update history what was installed just before you started seeing this.
    There's only one update for win7 and I installed it right after installing windows. The customer experience application, the one causing crashes, downloads updates from internet every time you click a Send Feedback button.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.