57 posts

Windows 7 gripes

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Duanerrr

Bas said:
    Duanerrr said:
    *snip*
    I love how angry and frustrated it sounds. It's like a child that just can't win and blows off steam by writing off his frustrations in his diary. Except of course that he made this public.
    My first thought after reading the part about working in a movie theater handing out popcorn and soda is that corona_coder's real life job? I remember a comedian explaining that some of his best jokes/insults towards people are taken from example in his own personal life.   

• User profile image
    elmer

CKurt said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    Here is the link fore Office 2003 style in Office 2007

http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/Office-2007-quotLegacyquot-Mode/
    Actually, the best product I've see for dealing with this issue is:

Classic Menu for Office 2007: http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/default.htm

They also have a Ribbon Customiser tool, but the Classic Menu add-in, simply makes Office-2007 present the same menus as Office-2003... and is great for dealing with those people in your office who complain about change and claim that it's the cause of all their problems.

• User profile image
    elmer

figuerres said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    wow that's rich.... so you do know that a *LOT* of viral / trojan stuff has been on UNIX boxes before.... there is ZERO proof it will not happen again.... try challenging your Linux pals to write one....

just that right now the fun is owning windows boxes...

give it time...
    just that right now the fun is owning windows boxes...

give it time...

With less than 1% desktop marketshare ?? I'd reckon it'll be a long LONG time before hackers will be interested in Linux boxes. 

OS/X maybe... 10% must be close to the point where it's compelling to hackers, especially if Windows-7 results in a general pensioning off for legacy Windows installations and a reduction of the "candy from babies" syndrome.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.