Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

channel 9 robot team...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    pt

the mascot for channel 9 is the uber-cool robot. so...while you can't video tape every meeting at microsoft where the secret sauce of operating systems or discussed (nor should you)-- how about as a "team building" project, we all have to do those everywhere we work, the channel 9 team and the developers from different teams compete to build a robot. xbox team vs. windows mobile, etc.. you get the point. the community would set up the goal, the rules, and the parts that all teams get. then channel 9 documents it all, this would give some good insight to how the teams work, how they solve problems and introduce a lot of people.

i suspect it would be a lot of fun (to do and to watch).

i'll officially volunteer to be the robot referee, since i live with 15 robots.

would also be fun to see one of the execs get in to this as well, i bet bill and steve could make a good robot, i'm not joking either.
    lastly, all the plans, parts, instructions everything would be posted on channel 9 and/or ebay'd and the money given to f.i.r.s.t the robot competition for kids.

cheers,
    pt

• User profile image
    GooberDLX

That sounds great... question.. when would they get the time? With so many projects, I am curious to see how they would be able to fit that into their already busy schedules..

It would be nice to see that stuff on Channel 9. I have always wanted to do something involving robots, but have never had the resources..

Jake

• User profile image
    pt

i would say that there is a group of people who would makle the time, and if it's company supported, a % of their time can be used for it. i know google "makes" their folks spend 10% of their time on other personal-related projects, i'm sure ms has something like that for people, and if they don't something like this would be a good fit. they do in fact have team building things in lots of groups, this could be part of that as well.

cheers,
    pt

• User profile image
    lenn

Right on Phil! Bring it on!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.