Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

channel 9 robot team...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    pt

the mascot for channel 9 is the uber-cool robot. so...while you can't video tape every meeting at microsoft where the secret sauce of operating systems or discussed (nor should you)-- how about as a "team building" project, we all have to do those everywhere we work, the channel 9 team and the developers from different teams compete to build a robot. xbox team vs. windows mobile, etc.. you get the point. the community would set up the goal, the rules, and the parts that all teams get. then channel 9 documents it all, this would give some good insight to how the teams work, how they solve problems and introduce a lot of people.

i suspect it would be a lot of fun (to do and to watch).

i'll officially volunteer to be the robot referee, since i live with 15 robots.

would also be fun to see one of the execs get in to this as well, i bet bill and steve could make a good robot, i'm not joking either.
    lastly, all the plans, parts, instructions everything would be posted on channel 9 and/or ebay'd and the money given to f.i.r.s.t the robot competition for kids.

cheers,
    pt

• User profile image
    GooberDLX

That sounds great... question.. when would they get the time? With so many projects, I am curious to see how they would be able to fit that into their already busy schedules..

It would be nice to see that stuff on Channel 9. I have always wanted to do something involving robots, but have never had the resources..

Jake

• User profile image
    pt

i would say that there is a group of people who would makle the time, and if it's company supported, a % of their time can be used for it. i know google "makes" their folks spend 10% of their time on other personal-related projects, i'm sure ms has something like that for people, and if they don't something like this would be a good fit. they do in fact have team building things in lots of groups, this could be part of that as well.

cheers,
    pt

• User profile image
    lenn

Right on Phil! Bring it on!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.