Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Robert Hess has a new show on Channel 9!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

The great Robert Hess (of .NET Show and Drinkboy fame) has a new show on Channel 9: The Knowledge ChamberThe first episode shipped yesterday and it's just a taste of what's to come. Robert has been at Microsoft for over 20 years and in the industry even longer. He's got a LOT of knowledge to share and, further, to shine on some of the technologies we think up, bake and release. Robert's interviews always probe well below the surface and we are very excited to have him aboard MSS Channel 9!

C

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Welcome Great Robert Hess!

I'm going to check out the show!

P.S. beware of ice-bergs,.. it's the season you know,...

• User profile image
    vesuvius

I've always enjoyed Robert Hess and his rather languid style.

• User profile image
    littleguru

vesuvius said:
    I've always enjoyed Robert Hess and his rather languid style.
    Nice, very nice Smiley Is the .NET Show death?

• User profile image
    joechung

littleguru said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*
    Nice, very nice Smiley Is the .NET Show death?

The .NET Show wrapped up August, 2007 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/theshow.aspx).

• User profile image
    jamie

joechung said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

The .NET Show wrapped up August, 2007 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/theshow.aspx).

he emailed me once - back in the C9 v-1  days.

It was a very nice email - very long - explaining why i should specify the default BG colour of my website as white (not just empty)

I fixed it and emailed him back... but i thought that to be rather strange. (out of the blue)

*wasnt he the DynamicDude or something?  in the ie4 era?
    I think i remember him most from cool downloadable scripts and stuff

• User profile image
    joechung

jamie said:
    joechung said:
    *snip*
    he emailed me once - back in the C9 v-1  days.

It was a very nice email - very long - explaining why i should specify the default BG colour of my website as white (not just empty)

I fixed it and emailed him back... but i thought that to be rather strange. (out of the blue)

*wasnt he the DynamicDude or something?  in the ie4 era?
    I think i remember him most from cool downloadable scripts and stuff
    Back in the day, the default background color on most browsers was gray, not white. Smiley

• User profile image
    Robert Hess

joechung said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    Back in the day, the default background color on most browsers was gray, not white. Smiley
    Don't get me started on some of my "pet peeves" with web pages... not specifying a background color and "assuming" it will be white... naming html pages with a ".htm" extension... putting "sound" which automatically plays on web pages... using non-standard fonts... ooops... looks like you got me started :->

With "The Knowledge Chamber" my intent is to try to introduce some of the general "interview" style I was doing on "The .NET Show", but in short segments of about 7 minutes or so. My initial focus is going to be on providing "prologues" to MIX09 sessions to hopefully help people get a better idea of what is going to be covered there. But I'll let this model evolve based on feedback from the viewers. I want to make the show different enough from the normal Channel9 interviews so that there is a clear difference between them.

-Robert

• User profile image
    Koogle

/off topic.. If browsers weren't stupid they'd keep in cache the existing webpages specified background color/image, that way when a user changes page while still remaining on the same site/domain during the changover to the next page(which is most likely going to be using the same bg anyway) before it has even gotten to reading the html/code of the next page etc the browsers base background wouldn't show.. or flash white! which I find just stupid, specially on darker background styled sites 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.