Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Anyone working on a C9 themepack for Windows 7?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Duncanma

I've been thinking of doing this myself, but I have no graphic/artistic talent... so I've been bugging Adam Kinney with absolutely no luck. I'm not sure how many folks are running Win7, but you don't really need to be to contribute to a C9 themepack... creating a desktop image is really all that is needed to start with, then that image (or a set of them) could be combined with a window color into a themepack by someone who does have Win7.

Details on 10 about how to make one for yourself, including a pointer to a set of them done by Mike Swanson (who you've seen on various PDC/MIX videos here on C9): http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/How-to-Make-Your-Own-Theme-Pack-for-Windows-7/

• User profile image
    ZippyV

How about decent theme support first?

• User profile image
    Duncanma

ZippyV said:
    How about decent theme support first?
    Pretty sure I can't get the theme support in Windows 7 changed, but if you'd like to wait for that, then go for it.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm disappointed that themepacks don't also include custom Aero visual styles.

...is it even possible to change Aero's appearance?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Created one in a few minutes. Background credits to Jamie. http://www.liensberger.it/misc/Channel9.themepack.zip

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

W3bbo said:
    I'm disappointed that themepacks don't also include custom Aero visual styles.

...is it even possible to change Aero's appearance?
    It is possible to tweak it a bit...

Generic Forum Image 

• User profile image
    Koogle

Duncanma said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*
    Pretty sure I can't get the theme support in Windows 7 changed, but if you'd like to wait for that, then go for it.

"How about decent theme support first?" .. indeed Smiley

• User profile image
    Koogle

Duncanma said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

"Pretty sure I can't get the theme support in Windows 7 changed, but if you'd like to wait for that, then go for it."...  think I'll wait then.

"...is it even possible to change Aero's appearance?"  ... barely with some of the advanced(pfff) appearence settings, not to mention that some settings have little effect on the aero modern style, so you are just left with no alternative but gettin messy having to rip the theme apart to get at values/images.

Something like www.vistastylebuilder.com should really be available from the get go, then you might actually see decent themes being made, and not this weak color swashed, wallpaper distribution theming joke.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Duncanma said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*
    That's funny Smiley

• User profile image
    intelman

Admittedly, there is no real theme support, the way one would think of theming at least.

• User profile image
    jamie

intelman said:
    Admittedly, there is no real theme support, the way one would think of theming at least.
    not so fast - maybe all those New Users are working on some new themes as we speak.

i heard one of them might be brown!  cool!

• User profile image
    OnlyJack

jamie said:
    intelman said:
    *snip*
    not so fast - maybe all those New Users are working on some new themes as we speak.

i heard one of them might be brown!  cool!
    A C9 theme? You mean a theme that randomly asks you for passwords, that throws out ASP errors, that keeps your cookies filled with your history until they become too long and the server starts throwing errors, a theme that makes the buttons stop working until you logout, clear your cookies and log back in, a theme that works poorly with any browser other than IE? Can't wait to put my hands on it, so I can bury it somewhere where nobody else would be harmed!

• User profile image
    Minh

OnlyJack said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    A C9 theme? You mean a theme that randomly asks you for passwords, that throws out ASP errors, that keeps your cookies filled with your history until they become too long and the server starts throwing errors, a theme that makes the buttons stop working until you logout, clear your cookies and log back in, a theme that works poorly with any browser other than IE? Can't wait to put my hands on it, so I can bury it somewhere where nobody else would be harmed!
    That's funny Smiley

(and ironic since I couldn't make this reply w/out clearing out my C9 cookies)

• User profile image
    littleguru

OnlyJack said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Hehehehe. nice metaphor.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.