Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

The week in review for Sunday 2/01/09

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    corona_coder

    This is my new Forum topic.  Every week instead of posting multiple days on multiple topics I will post only once every Sunday.  I will do what I call "The week in review".

    Steelers vs the cardinals.  I predict the steelers will win.  The Steelers are the Linux community, the Cardinals are Microsoft.  The Cardinals dont stand a chance.

    Microsoft to lay off 5000.  Red Hat has no layoffs, Apple has no layoffs.  Microsoft is having to cut its work force.  How soon before our beloved Channel 9 goes "off air" and all the staff wind up working at Red Hat, Apple or Google.  Only time will tell.  PaolaM will wind up at Novell working Under Miguel on Beagle

    The channel9 endorsed distro, PC/OS goes back to its "Be roots" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  The failure fails again.  rj doesnt stand a chance and PC/OS stands as much of a chance as Windows 7 being successful.

    Windows 7 UAC hacked.  I guess somethings never change.

    WORLD ALERT!!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Jamie from Channel9 fame and a huge supporter of Microsoft is fed up with Windows 7 and Im sure he is contemplating a change.  Jamie, my suggestions, Mac OS X or gNewSense.

    KDE 4.2 released.  The worst desktop in the Open Source community gets a major update.  It still sucks, just not as much as it did.

    Next week Im sure we will have more news and more breaking news.  So until the day the FSF buys Microsoft and Open Sources Windows, I will be here.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    And yet you are posting this on a forum that runs on ASP.NET, uses ASP.NET AJAX, uses Silverlight, and runs on Windows servers Tongue Out

    In other news: 3 weeks. That's how long I give your "weekly review".

    Note: since when did Paolo become female? Paolo don't I know something Wink

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    I don't understand you. OS X and Apple in general is 6.02E23 times more restrictive (and in some cases more proprietary, iTunes DRM anybody?) than Windows/Microsoft and yet you seem to recommend them over Windows/Microsoft. Perplexed

  • User profile image
    May28th2018

    GoddersUK said:
    I don't understand you. OS X and Apple in general is 6.02E23 times more restrictive (and in some cases more proprietary, iTunes DRM anybody?) than Windows/Microsoft and yet you seem to recommend them over Windows/Microsoft. Perplexed
    Apple sucks.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/08/iphone-i-am-ric.html

    Last time I checked blocking capitalism such as selling a product for whatever price you choose is in line with communism.

    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/01/16/sneaky-iphone-developer-wobbles-apples-boob-ban/

    Last time I checked blocking capitalism such as selling a product that wobbles a woman's breasts if you choose to is in line with facism.

    Unfortunately I too have an iPhone application under development who's submission to Apple I am absolutely dreading.  Let's hope Google makes people forget this device exists.

  • User profile image
    corona_coder

    The steelers win.

    So Microsoft loses, GNU/Linux wins.

  • User profile image
    fknight

    corona_coder said:

    The steelers win.

    So Microsoft loses, GNU/Linux wins.

    If the FSF buys Microsoft, are they prepared to honor all of the contracts and non-disclosures Microsoft made with other companies regarding licensed intellectual property that may be in Windows before they "open source it" ?


  • User profile image
    jamie

    re:  Jamie, my suggestions, Mac OS X or gNewSense.


    um

    1. osx . never. hate it. just cause i like iphone doesnt mean i like macs.   ... but if the mac were to look/work like iphone... maybe.

    2. linux...  if i ever did go to linux - it would be the most popular/used one ubuntu i guess - with horny heron or whatever
    and it would need to run xp mce in a window.

    3. win7.  so far so good.  just cause i complain that i know people who wont upgrade and list the reasons why that is - doesnt mean i cannot slowly UNDO the baby food smeared throughout win7/vista.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie said:
    re:  Jamie, my suggestions, Mac OS X or gNewSense.


    um

    1. osx . never. hate it. just cause i like iphone doesnt mean i like macs.   ... but if the mac were to look/work like iphone... maybe.

    2. linux...  if i ever did go to linux - it would be the most popular/used one ubuntu i guess - with horny heron or whatever
    and it would need to run xp mce in a window.

    3. win7.  so far so good.  just cause i complain that i know people who wont upgrade and list the reasons why that is - doesnt mean i cannot slowly UNDO the baby food smeared throughout win7/vista.
    it seems posting and edit/exisiting is broken

    does relpy work?

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    it seems posting and edit/exisiting is broken

    does relpy work?
    couldnt edit above - couldnt make a new thread to ask about it

    this site.... is... a.... joke

    monleys could code better

    (even you corona)

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    couldnt edit above - couldnt make a new thread to ask about it

    this site.... is... a.... joke

    monleys could code better

    (even you corona)
    that's monkeys  (couldnt fix above)

    also - re baby food - Rocket dock and FlashFXP are good starts  (forget who reco'ed that but thanks)

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    that's monkeys  (couldnt fix above)

    also - re baby food - Rocket dock and FlashFXP are good starts  (forget who reco'ed that but thanks)


    edit test - test

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*


    edit test - test
    ok both are now fixed. thanks.

  • User profile image
    Minh

    jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    ok both are now fixed. thanks.

    The Phantom Programmer strikes again! Ayeee!

    http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Erik-phantom-of-the-opera-1990-798335_360_270.jpg

  • User profile image
    jamie

    Minh said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    The Phantom Programmer strikes again! Ayeee!

    http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Erik-phantom-of-the-opera-1990-798335_360_270.jpg
    thats what duncan wore to my house! freaked me out.  Wink

  • User profile image
    figuerres

    I have to wonder; does coroded beer coder know what a fool he makes out to be??
    Unless he really truely is hopelssly tared then he must.

    in any case -- he is between say bad-tv-show funny and a trip to the dentist.

    yuch or yow Smiley  take your pick

  • User profile image
    CKurt

    figuerres said:
    I have to wonder; does coroded beer coder know what a fool he makes out to be??
    Unless he really truely is hopelssly tared then he must.

    in any case -- he is between say bad-tv-show funny and a trip to the dentist.

    yuch or yow Smiley  take your pick
    It's nice he starts a seperated threat instead of bashing the others. Then i just know wish treath to egnore next time

  • User profile image
    harumscarum

    Minh said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    The Phantom Programmer strikes again! Ayeee!

    http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Erik-phantom-of-the-opera-1990-798335_360_270.jpg
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4750/dwighthannae2.jpg

  • User profile image
    Duanerrr

    harumscarum said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4750/dwighthannae2.jpg
    Wow, that is just creepy looking.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.