Coffeehouse Thread

30 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    raymond

For Microsoft Office and Expression Studio change developer to users, users, users

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

wow, didn't realized "Windows".Length == 7 Smiley

• User profile image
    exoteric

Nice one Jamie Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

Jamie, funny and cool as always.

Because the 9 guy picture is face-on, the mic looks like an ear-ring. Go on, you may as well make a chavy-pirate 9 guy now!

• User profile image
    jamie

Sabot said:

Because the 9 guy picture is face-on, the mic looks like an ear-ring. Go on, you may as well make a chavy-pirate 9 guy now!
    Arg!  Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

Sabot said:

does any of these 3 variations look more like a mic?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

jamie said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*

My question is: does it really need a mic?

• User profile image
    exoteric

jamie said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*
    Not seeing an earring at all. Not seeing the greatness of the headset either though - only kind of, sort of, for C9. It reminds me of support. And support reminds me of bugs! The lego look of the original also makes sense (lego as a building block and modular, composable, off-the-shelf software components for reuse, etc.) The smooth analog nature of the new logo is also cool though.

• User profile image
    jamie

exoteric said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    Not seeing an earring at all. Not seeing the greatness of the headset either though - only kind of, sort of, for C9. It reminds me of support. And support reminds me of bugs! The lego look of the original also makes sense (lego as a building block and modular, composable, off-the-shelf software components for reuse, etc.) The smooth analog nature of the new logo is also cool though.
    looks nice on black desktop...

edit:

that's what we are up against?
    and although it has time on it's side - being able to change also has it's merrits..

For example - Coke cant change its logo - but Pepsi can - and just did.  (but ms never HAD a logo - so it can too)
    Rogers (in canada) had a logo they had since the 70's they changed it. Bell Canada - had a logo for 10 years - they just changed it  (to just Bell )  no meme at all.

My only point is... that old ms logo - keep it but update it?  and add something to go with it?  not an apple... but... a dev friendly image?

edit: ramble mode:

- happy face been done to death BUT the c9 guy seems to have worked?  why keep it siloued?
    - need a brand - icon thats not windows to identitify Microsoft  ( i remember reading how they downplayed the Microsoft logo on xbox.  Create something that doesnt have to be downplayed.) As stange as seeing 9guy with MS under it is, it looks more like a Wii brand than current ms logo..
    - Ignore all of this! - *Im worried current management should just leave the branding alone - as i do not believe they are equipted to make a correct - asthetic - decision

get a cheif creative officer

move along... nothing to see here....  Wink

* i really do like "Better"   as in We're better now + We're better than the others

• User profile image
    jamie

pdf updated to new mic version
    http://www.channel9.ca/microsoft2.pdf 

ok.  well that was fun.

the end.

Smiley

* top view:

* CCO - day one: Release / install segoe family fonts in ie update( all versions of ie)

• User profile image
    Sabot

jamie said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*
    looks nice on black desktop...

edit:

that's what we are up against?
    and although it has time on it's side - being able to change also has it's merrits..

For example - Coke cant change its logo - but Pepsi can - and just did.  (but ms never HAD a logo - so it can too)
    Rogers (in canada) had a logo they had since the 70's they changed it. Bell Canada - had a logo for 10 years - they just changed it  (to just Bell )  no meme at all.

My only point is... that old ms logo - keep it but update it?  and add something to go with it?  not an apple... but... a dev friendly image?

edit: ramble mode:

- happy face been done to death BUT the c9 guy seems to have worked?  why keep it siloued?
    - need a brand - icon thats not windows to identitify Microsoft  ( i remember reading how they downplayed the Microsoft logo on xbox.  Create something that doesnt have to be downplayed.) As stange as seeing 9guy with MS under it is, it looks more like a Wii brand than current ms logo..
    - Ignore all of this! - *Im worried current management should just leave the branding alone - as i do not believe they are equipted to make a correct - asthetic - decision

get a cheif creative officer

move along... nothing to see here....  Wink

* i really do like "Better"   as in We're better now + We're better than the others
    Yep it does look a bit more like a mic but I still like the idea of a Barbary Coast '9 Guys. Haarrgggg!

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

jamie said:
    Sabot said:
    *snip*
    Third one.  First two look like Borg headgear.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.