Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Apple asks, Google does

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

Many folk have asked why Android didn't ship with multi-touch, even though it Google had demonstrated it before the fledgling operating system was released.

Well, the answer may be very simple; Apple asked them not to, according to a report cited by MobileCrunch.

• User profile image
    Ray7

And another strange addition to the tale, from John Gruber.

• User profile image
    Bass

That explains why the iPhone is the only phone on the market with multitouch. I'm pretty sure they have acquired non-trivial patents on the technology.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bass said:
    That explains why the iPhone is the only phone on the market with multitouch. I'm pretty sure they have acquired non-trivial patents on the technology.
    Still amazes me how one can patent touching a device with more then one finger,...

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Maddus Mattus said:
    Bass said:
    *snip*
    Still amazes me how one can patent touching a device with more then one finger,...
    US patent system rocks-n-rulez!

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    foreachdev

BlackTiger said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    US patent system rocks-n-rulez!
    I would have something of substance to say. But I am off patenting using forehead pounding as a input technique. Involves IPhone and a high level of frustration. I call it IStressKit.

• User profile image
    joechung

Eric Schmidt, Google CEO, is a member of Apple's board of directors.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

joechung said:
    I smell a conspiracy!

Apple is pulling a Microsoftie!

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

joechung said:
    ouch

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.