Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

W7 to play MOV files, all we need now is a PDF reader

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    OnlyJack

It's about damn time. Sadly we will still need the stooopid quicktime plugin to view a great part of movie trailers that are hosted on Apple website.

All we need now is a PDF reader to get rid of the still-not-patched-yet bug-ridden Adobe reader.

• User profile image
    UB hans gunsche

yeah that would be nice to have native programs to run foreign formats.

• User profile image
    stevo_

I think the context is a little out, being able to natively understand the mov container doesn't mean you can also understand the video / audio it uses.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Shark007's Vista Codec Pack is a way better solution anyway.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dodo

stevo_ said:
    I think the context is a little out, being able to natively understand the mov container doesn't mean you can also understand the video / audio it uses.
    The MOV container is supported since Media Player 6.4 something with DirectX 6 on Windows 95. What's finally supported now is the MPEG4 AVC format and AAC Audio contained within.

I'd like support for MKV and SST subtitle streams natively supported aswell as splitting for FLV and headerless FLV containers. The latter is hard to find and only implemented in the MPC splitter.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dodo said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    The MOV container is supported since Media Player 6.4 something with DirectX 6 on Windows 95. What's finally supported now is the MPEG4 AVC format and AAC Audio contained within.

I'd like support for MKV and SST subtitle streams natively supported aswell as splitting for FLV and headerless FLV containers. The latter is hard to find and only implemented in the MPC splitter.
    If it's only found in one splitter then how common can it be? Surely it's a limited format of limited use. MOV and MPG4 are frequently used. MKV is more of a scene format than anything else

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

blowdart said:
    Dodo said:
    *snip*
    If it's only found in one splitter then how common can it be? Surely it's a limited format of limited use. MOV and MPG4 are frequently used. MKV is more of a scene format than anything else
    Actually, I've seen more and more videos - especially BluRay rips - released as MKV with embedded subtitles. Catching on. 

• User profile image
    blowdart

Yggdrasil said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Actually, I've seen more and more videos - especially BluRay rips - released as MKV with embedded subtitles. Catching on. 
    So does anyone use it outside for DVD ripping and putting them on bit torrent? Like I say, a scene format.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.