Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Someone should interview people like the Open Labs crew

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dentaku

OK, I've always said that the best advertising that Microsoft can do is to simply show creative people using their stuff (and of course teach people the fundamentals of using an OS so they won't get frustrated using it but that's another topic) and I was just watching videos on the Open Labs website.
    I would LOVE to see someone at C9 or maybe C10 interview the creative geeks at Open Labs. They make very interesting products which are basically a PC inside of a 5 or 3 octave keyboard named the NeKo and the MiKo. They're regular Windows machines, some of them with touchscreens, some without and they're being used by REALY big name musicians. You know that uber-trendy musicians and DJs love flashing their glowing MBP lids on stage but some of the real important work is actually being done on a custom built Windows machine.

Look at these videos: http://www.openlabs.com/artist-videos.html

I remember seeing an interview with the Cakewalk people quite a while ago but Open Labs would be very intersting.
    http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Inside+Out/Cakewalk-Making-Music-with-Sonar/

• User profile image
    corona_coder

No one cares about Microsofts open source labs.  No one wants to see a video about it and not to mention Microsoft doesnt have anyone worth mentioning working with them anyhow.  So until Linus himself goes to work in the Open Source labs no one cares.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

corona_coder said:
    No one cares about Microsofts open source labs.  No one wants to see a video about it and not to mention Microsoft doesnt have anyone worth mentioning working with them anyhow.  So until Linus himself goes to work in the Open Source labs no one cares.
    Do you even read posts before you go off ranting?  Open Labs has nothing to do with open source or Microsoft (except that their products run Windows).

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Lol @ the video with Timbaland. During his introduction he grabs his crotch then shakes hand with the interviewer.

Looks like Open Labs have some cool products. Something I would like to see are interviews with people who can use and demonstrate these things: [awesome picture]

• User profile image
    dentaku

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    corona_coder said:
    *snip*
    Do you even read posts before you go off ranting?  Open Labs has nothing to do with open source or Microsoft (except that their products run Windows).

Wow CannotResolveSymbol, I didn't expect that response Smiley

Even the people at OQO would be interesting. I'm guessing they're testing Win7 on their tiny device right now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.