Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Should we step up the video quality?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lenn

You are assuming I actually have the budget for a pro crew and equipment.  I come from the school that the content matters more than the equipment.  I remember when I wanted to learn to play the guitar and just had to buy an expensive guitar. My father bought me the cheapest one and told me that the best guitar player can make any guitar sound beautiful, it is not the instrument it is the player. 

We are still learning, none of us are media pros, we are developers. Every day, inch by inch.

• User profile image
    ralph.poole

Hey, I was trying to be funny,Smiley and I meant avatars, not icons. I think you are doing a great job.

• User profile image
    lenn

Thanks Ralph! We appreciate it. As far as the avatars go, it is a real pain point for a lot of users and we are going to change how they are handled in a coming refresh of the site.

• User profile image
    Frankie Fresh

I, for one, like the avatars.

What do you have in mind for changing them?

• User profile image
    Cider

I have to agree with the majority and say the video is fine but maybe the sound needs enhancing.  The videos seem well balanced in terms of professionalism/realism (if you see what I mean).  But no need to get any professionals in (and don't us that "we don't have the budget", you're Microsoft, you could afford Spielberg to do Channel 9's vids!).

• User profile image
    lars

I agree. The video quality is good enough. And I like the "cornered by C9-hitman on the way back from a toilet breaK" look. But you should ge a microphone close to the one asking the questions too. It's sometimes hard to hear the cameramans comments.

Keep up the good work!

/Lars.

• User profile image
    wbarthol

I watched the Chris Sells tour of MSDN full screen through my TV-out on my 68cm TV and it looked great, I think the quality is fine guys.

PS Seeing Chris that big on TV is scary Wink

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Cider wrote:
    I have to agree with the majority and say the video is fine but maybe the sound needs enhancing.  The videos seem well balanced in terms of professionalism/realism (if you see what I mean).  But no need to get any professionals in (and don't us that "we don't have the budget", you're Microsoft, you could afford Spielberg to do Channel 9's vids!).

Yeah but the devs only have a certain amount of money that they are allowed to spend.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.