Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

spring is coming...  :)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

15.7°c Cloudy

it is SO nice here today... snows melted.. cleaned off deck - about to blast it with pressure washer and bring up Patio furniture

*nothing spells spring like setting up the deck/patio.

goodbye crappy winter!   (yes it will probably snow one or two more times ..but im risking it

tomorrow - clean the bbq Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

I drove with the window down for the first time this year. It was just a -bit- too cold, but it's getting there. Bring it on! Smiley

• User profile image
    magicalclick

For me is not much difference. LA is always Sunny. We already have a lot of people playing on beach vollayball and beach football last week.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

magicalclick said:
    For me is not much difference. LA is always Sunny. We already have a lot of people playing on beach vollayball and beach football last week.
    Did you say LA is always sunny or Smoggy? because I have been to LA and all I remember was this dark brown cloud above it.  =)

• User profile image
    magicalclick

jason818_253.33 said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*
    Did you say LA is always sunny or Smoggy? because I have been to LA and all I remember was this dark brown cloud above it.  =)
    Sunny. Guess you are on the unlucky time. We only rain for 2 weeks and sunny all the way. Barely no clouds so my bro keeps complaining sun burn, especially on freeway.

Or you see those forest fire smoke? South CA usually has one of those every year.
    Or maybe it doesn't rain for so long, you see dusts floating everywhere LOL.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    figuerres

Yeah we had a really big cold spell here ... it got to 32 at night, but now it's back to normal 75-80 during the day 60 at night.

Tampa, FL Smiley

• User profile image
    dahat

Members of the Royal Order of the 21sters have been enjoying spring ever since the 22nd of December.

Heck... some including our Grand Poobah are now enjoying Summer!

Hooba, Hooba, Gunga, Gunga a Dunga.

• User profile image
    Sabot

dahat said:

Members of the Royal Order of the 21sters have been enjoying spring ever since the 22nd of December.

Heck... some including our Grand Poobah are now enjoying Summer!

Hooba, Hooba, Gunga, Gunga a Dunga.

Well here in Southern Blighty, the Sun is out the early Spring flowers are starting to bloom and I can hear small bird doing old school techless twittering.

The temp is 12°c but as it's the UK rain is forcast which is what it does here for a 1/3 of the year! (No wonder why we are always so grumpy ... and half of us move to Auz)

But just to leave you on a good point, I'm a grand-uncle now! Baby Amber is beautiful.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

It's been colder here in Tokyo this last week than it's been all winter, so no, spring is definitely not coming from my perspective. Today was ok, but most of the previous week it's been terrible weather, rain, cold, horrible.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Sven Groot said:
    It's been colder here in Tokyo this last week than it's been all winter, so no, spring is definitely not coming from my perspective. Today was ok, but most of the previous week it's been terrible weather, rain, cold, horrible.
    Planted apple trees last week -- this week it's a blackcurrent bush and possibly the first of the onions in the veg patch.

The Daffodils are out (came out on St David's day, which pleased my Welsh wife), and the Primulas and Crocuses are in full flower.

Hawthorn buds are starting to show green and I've repotted two of my Scots Pine Bonsai.

It's even still daylight when I get home from work!  Woohoo!

Spring has definitely started here in Shropshire (even though it got cold again).

Herbie

• User profile image
    figuerres

Dr Herbie said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    Planted apple trees last week -- this week it's a blackcurrent bush and possibly the first of the onions in the veg patch.

The Daffodils are out (came out on St David's day, which pleased my Welsh wife), and the Primulas and Crocuses are in full flower.

Hawthorn buds are starting to show green and I've repotted two of my Scots Pine Bonsai.

It's even still daylight when I get home from work!  Woohoo!

Spring has definitely started here in Shropshire (even though it got cold again).

Herbie
    Hey Dr. Herbie  that makes me recall the things I miss here in Tampa, the plants that reall NEED the cold winter to do thier thing.

I never really lived in a snow-in-the-winter climate but where i grew up we have plenty of freezes during winter.

for Bonsai I used to love the Japanese Maples -- with the right care they really look amazing.

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

I wish I could say the same for Seattle. Snow level going down to 100 ft (that's 30.48 meters for you Jamie Smiley) tonight here in the Seattle area. It's March dagnabbit, come on Spring Smiley

• User profile image
    intelman

Let me remind you of....

I am glad, but a few years ago I captured that in April.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

intelman said:
    Let me remind you of....

That's pretty close to how it is here right now:

Current Local Weather Move point forecast map up, and current conditions, radar, and satellite down.
    Nashville International Airport
    Lat: 36.12   Lon: -86.68   Elev: 581
    Last Update on Mar 7, 2:53 pm CST

Mostly Cloudy

75 °F
    (24 °C)
    Humidity: 45 %
    Wind Speed: S 13 G 21 MPH
    Barometer: 30.07" (1017.8 mb)
    Dewpoint: 52 °F (11 °C)
    Visibility: 10.00 mi.
    More Local Wx: 3 Day History:

Normal here is around 58 °F...  spring is indeed coming here Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

it's cold here, in Vancouver, 5 degrees or so... no snow, sunny/cloudy day, as usual, spring is so not coming Smiley

• User profile image
    intelman

intelman said:
    Let me remind you of....

My point was if you look at the forecast, it had snow after an 81 degree day... the weather is still crazy.

• User profile image
    KevinB

Sabot said:
    dahat said:
    *snip*
    Well here in Southern Blighty, the Sun is out the early Spring flowers are starting to bloom and I can hear small bird doing old school techless twittering.

The temp is 12°c but as it's the UK rain is forcast which is what it does here for a 1/3 of the year! (No wonder why we are always so grumpy ... and half of us move to Auz)

But just to leave you on a good point, I'm a grand-uncle now! Baby Amber is beautiful.
    Congrats on the new family member.

On the weather front, in Ireland we are similar to Southern England probably, except we rarely get the good sunny weather, just rain.

Kevin

• User profile image
    phreaks

No Spring Yet here
    Snow
    33°F
    RealFeel®
    21°F
    Winds: ENE
    at 12mph
    Snow And Fog
    Humidity: 95%
    Dew Point: 32° F
    Pressure: 29.99 in
    Visibility: 0 Miles 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.