24 posts

Non-Photon Space, possible?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

PerfectPhase said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

"To be clear, light is NEITHER particle or wave, but a wave particle duality. It only becomes one or the other when we look at it, and which depends on how we look at it."

Light is both a particle and a wave? I’m confused.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jason818_253.33 said:
    PerfectPhase said:
    *snip*

Yes--  as EvilDictaitor says above, it's easy to experimentally show both properties of light.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

jason818_253.33 said:
    PerfectPhase said:
    *snip*

Yeah, seems light has such property, electron also behave the same. But I personally believe there is some flaws in our current understanding, just like both Relativity Theory and Quantium Mechanics can only describe part of our universe and they are both completly different concept. (And Relative Time? that's just doesn't make sense. Time doesn't exist.)

It doesn't make sense to say "It depends" on facts and math. We currently say "it depends" because we are yet to find a better explaination to our universe.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

magicalclick said:
    jason818_253.33 said:
    *snip*
    Yeah, seems light has such property, electron also behave the same. But I personally believe there is some flaws in our current understanding, just like both Relativity Theory and Quantium Mechanics can only describe part of our universe and they are both completly different concept. (And Relative Time? that's just doesn't make sense. Time doesn't exist.)

It doesn't make sense to say "It depends" on facts and math. We currently say "it depends" because we are yet to find a better explaination to our universe.

"It doesn't make sense..."

This is a big problem for people trying to understand Quantum Physics, it just does not make sense unless you have walked all the way through it from where we were with classical physics and it's problems to where we are now.  Most people have issues when you say observing something will cause the probability function to collapse at which point the object becomes defined.

And your right, the theory is not perfect, may people have issue with the standard model for particle physics because of pesky little things like renormalization and the fact it relies on real world numbers that can only be measured through experimentation and cannot be calculated by theory alone.  But this is what science is all about, you fit a theory to the available data and the becomes the current state of the art until someone comes up with a better idea that explains and unifies a bit more of the world, or someone proves you wrong!  This is why the search for the Higgs particle is important, why people are sinking billions into massive pure science experiments, the current theory predicts it exists, if it is found at the expected energy range, it’s one more tick that we are going in the right direction with all this.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Hmmm... Very interesting idea... Never thought about that.
    If the is no light then there is no "speed limit" as well...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bass

BlackTiger said:
    Hmmm... Very interesting idea... Never thought about that.
    If the is no light then there is no "speed limit" as well...

Speed of light is the maximum speed anything can travel, anything with any mass will always travel slower then the speed of light, even electrons accelerated very fast travel slower then the speed of light.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.