Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MIX09 Predictions

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

Let yourself go !

# Launch of IE8 (in windows update few months later)
    # Windows Live integration with Facebook !!
    # Live Search becomming Kumo
    # Mesh CTP and Mesh Beta merge into one Mesh Beta 2
    # Windows 7 RC ? (probably not since it won't be a public RC)
    # Silverlight 3 Beta 1
    # Expression Studio 3 preview

Anything I forgot ? Comments ?

• User profile image
    Bas

Yeah, definitely IE8. Kumo.. good chance. I doubt they'll announce anything Windows 7 related. I'm hoping for Silverlight, but I'm not sure if anything'll happen. For some reason I think Mesh is going to be the big absentee.

• User profile image
    CKurt

Bas said:
    Yeah, definitely IE8. Kumo.. good chance. I doubt they'll announce anything Windows 7 related. I'm hoping for Silverlight, but I'm not sure if anything'll happen. For some reason I think Mesh is going to be the big absentee.
    I sure hope Mesh will get some attention but I feel the same way. It has been realy quite about Mesh. But still the CTP and Beta really need to merge, it's sutch a bad way of working...

• User profile image
    littleguru

CKurt said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    I sure hope Mesh will get some attention but I feel the same way. It has been realy quite about Mesh. But still the CTP and Beta really need to merge, it's sutch a bad way of working...
    Xbox 3 (super silent, 64 core gpu/cpu all in one, with SDK for raytracing), wPhone (as in Windows Phone), Windows Mobile 7 (that works like the computer in Star Trek), and a Replicator device (again like in Star Trek)... did I miss something?

• User profile image
    CKurt

littleguru said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*
    Xbox 3 (super silent, 64 core gpu/cpu all in one, with SDK for raytracing), wPhone (as in Windows Phone), Windows Mobile 7 (that works like the computer in Star Trek), and a Replicator device (again like in Star Trek)... did I miss something?
    Yeah, you missed the title is says MIX 09 . LOLZ

• User profile image
    stevo_

Bas said:
    Don't think anything for windows, silverlight 3 will certainly be shown but I think its more likely they'll give a time frame of when to expect a beta.. not sure about expression studio, seems like that would be something more related to .net 4 which will probably have wpf improvements, I know wpf is going through some changes in .net 4 anyway because xaml is being abstracted as a more reusable component.

• User profile image
    littleguru

CKurt said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    Yeah, you missed the title is says MIX 09 . LOLZ
    Wow! That's very limiting... well in that case we will see more the stuff that you mentioned Wink

• User profile image
    CKurt

littleguru said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*
    Wow! That's very limiting... well in that case we will see more the stuff that you mentioned Wink
    Hehe, yeah will. I'm sure there is one thing I forgot that will blow our minds. Well I hope so Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

CKurt said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    Hehe, yeah will. I'm sure there is one thing I forgot that will blow our minds. Well I hope so Wink
    Perhaps they announce that they added an afterburner in IE8's javascript engine. That would be awesome Smiley But to be honest I'm completely fine with the list that you mentioned in the initial post. There are some neat things coming up!!

• User profile image
    Chad Moran

ASP.NET MVC RTW!

• User profile image
    raymond

Just a guess, but expect hints if not announcements that both Visual Studio 2010, Expression Studio 3.0, and Windows 7 will RTM in August and be available in the fall.

Need to kick start launch events in last quarter of 2009 and early 2010.

Marketing brings back The Rolling Stones:

• User profile image
    CKurt

raymond said:
    Just a guess, but expect hints if not announcements that both Visual Studio 2010, Expression Studio 3.0, and Windows 7 will RTM in August and be available in the fall.

Need to kick start launch events in last quarter of 2009 and early 2010.

Marketing brings back The Rolling Stones:

That would be nice !

I forgot one !!

# Silverlight 2 Mobile !

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.