Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

When's the next CTP/Beta of VS 2010

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Anyone got any inside news when the next CTP/Beta for VS2010 gets released?

• User profile image
    mawcc

No insider information, just a wild guess: This week at MIX09, Beta 1 will be released.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

mawcc said:
    No insider information, just a wild guess: This week at MIX09, Beta 1 will be released.

Yep, I'm hoping for that as well!  Smiley

• User profile image
    pdev

Mix has come and gone with no beta. Sad... 

"When the [Windows 7] Beta expires on August 1, 2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep using your computer" -- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dd353205.aspx

So if we're expecting Windows 7 before August, should we expect VS around the same time?  Or will it get pushed off until the PDC in mid November?  I doubt it.  Its been around 5 months since the CTP, the 10-4 shows must be running out of content soon, and Windows 7 should ship with the .Net 4.0 runtime.  I hope, and sort of expect, to hear news on a VS2010 beta soon.

• User profile image
    mawcc

pdev said:
    Mix has come and gone with no beta. Sad... 

"When the [Windows 7] Beta expires on August 1, 2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep using your computer" -- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dd353205.aspx

So if we're expecting Windows 7 before August, should we expect VS around the same time?  Or will it get pushed off until the PDC in mid November?  I doubt it.  Its been around 5 months since the CTP, the 10-4 shows must be running out of content soon, and Windows 7 should ship with the .Net 4.0 runtime.  I hope, and sort of expect, to hear news on a VS2010 beta soon.
    It will indeed be interesting to see if .NET 4.0 makes it into Windows 7.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

mawcc said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*
    It will indeed be interesting to see if .NET 4.0 makes it into Windows 7.
    I think Scott Guthrie said back at PDC that Windows 7 would ship with .Net 3.5 SP1.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

soon, soon Smiley

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

They'll release it tomorrow Wink

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

TommyCarlier said:
    They'll release it tomorrow Wink

yes, whatever Smiley  The best I could get out of anyone at devweek in the UK last week was it will be released when it's sunny... maybe. Smiley

• User profile image
    pdev

Just marking another month passing with now news on a beta.  Sad ... which really sucks, because I need more information on WF and possible integration with OSLO to plan a new large scale project.  Hopefully some news will come this month... but currently my bets are on the VS event in june.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

pdev said:
    Just marking another month passing with now news on a beta.  Sad ... which really sucks, because I need more information on WF and possible integration with OSLO to plan a new large scale project.  Hopefully some news will come this month... but currently my bets are on the VS event in june.
    have faith Big Smile

• User profile image
    pdev

Ion Todirel said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*
    have faith Big Smile
    I'm trying to... but projects don't like to wait.

• User profile image
    CKurt

pdev said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    I'm trying to... but projects don't like to wait.

As from the 10-4 episodes you can notice the next release will be a Beta 1 release, and it's comming soon...

• User profile image
    mawcc

CKurt said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*

As from the 10-4 episodes you can notice the next release will be a Beta 1 release, and it's comming soon...

Maybe at Tech-Ed next week? On the other hand, that's what I thought before MIX, too. I guess giving VS the WPF treatment is more work than expected.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.