Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

When's the next CTP/Beta of VS 2010

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase


    Anyone got any inside news when the next CTP/Beta for VS2010 gets released?

  • User profile image
    mawcc

    No insider information, just a wild guess: This week at MIX09, Beta 1 will be released.

  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

    mawcc said:
    No insider information, just a wild guess: This week at MIX09, Beta 1 will be released.

    Yep, I'm hoping for that as well!  Smiley

  • User profile image
    pdev

    Mix has come and gone with no beta. Sad... 


    "When the [Windows 7] Beta expires on August 1, 2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep using your computer" -- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dd353205.aspx

    So if we're expecting Windows 7 before August, should we expect VS around the same time?  Or will it get pushed off until the PDC in mid November?  I doubt it.  Its been around 5 months since the CTP, the 10-4 shows must be running out of content soon, and Windows 7 should ship with the .Net 4.0 runtime.  I hope, and sort of expect, to hear news on a VS2010 beta soon.

  • User profile image
    mawcc

    pdev said:
    Mix has come and gone with no beta. Sad... 

    "When the [Windows 7] Beta expires on August 1, 2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep using your computer" -- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dd353205.aspx

    So if we're expecting Windows 7 before August, should we expect VS around the same time?  Or will it get pushed off until the PDC in mid November?  I doubt it.  Its been around 5 months since the CTP, the 10-4 shows must be running out of content soon, and Windows 7 should ship with the .Net 4.0 runtime.  I hope, and sort of expect, to hear news on a VS2010 beta soon.
    It will indeed be interesting to see if .NET 4.0 makes it into Windows 7.

  • User profile image
    DCMonkey

    mawcc said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*
    It will indeed be interesting to see if .NET 4.0 makes it into Windows 7.
    I think Scott Guthrie said back at PDC that Windows 7 would ship with .Net 3.5 SP1.

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    soon, soon Smiley

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    They'll release it tomorrow Wink

  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

    TommyCarlier said:
    They'll release it tomorrow Wink

    yes, whatever Smiley  The best I could get out of anyone at devweek in the UK last week was it will be released when it's sunny... maybe. Smiley

  • User profile image
    pdev

    Just marking another month passing with now news on a beta.  Sad ... which really sucks, because I need more information on WF and possible integration with OSLO to plan a new large scale project.  Hopefully some news will come this month... but currently my bets are on the VS event in june.

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    pdev said:
    Just marking another month passing with now news on a beta.  Sad ... which really sucks, because I need more information on WF and possible integration with OSLO to plan a new large scale project.  Hopefully some news will come this month... but currently my bets are on the VS event in june.
    have faith Big Smile

  • User profile image
    pdev

    Ion Todirel said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*
    have faith Big Smile
    I'm trying to... but projects don't like to wait.

  • User profile image
    CKurt

    pdev said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    I'm trying to... but projects don't like to wait.

    As from the 10-4 episodes you can notice the next release will be a Beta 1 release, and it's comming soon...

  • User profile image
    mawcc

    CKurt said:
    pdev said:
    *snip*

    As from the 10-4 episodes you can notice the next release will be a Beta 1 release, and it's comming soon...

    Maybe at Tech-Ed next week? On the other hand, that's what I thought before MIX, too. I guess giving VS the WPF treatment is more work than expected.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.