Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Email.... best way to split into accounts

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

What's the best way to organise email in Outlook according to recipient email address?

I keep 3 "main" email addresses. When I was with Thunderbird, I had one account for each email address, each with its own inbox, outbox, etc...

Is there any way I can continue to work like this in Outlook using Exchange?

Whilst I could create a new "Personal Folder" for each account, I don't see how this integrates with Exchange.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help on the message synchronising bit last time Smiley

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

If you don't want to make several Personal Accounts, then you'll have to make a rule for all incoming mail and shift them based on incoming email address.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Michael Griffiths wrote:

If you don't want to make several Personal Accounts, then you'll have to make a rule for all incoming mail and shift them based on incoming email address.

That would be also my suggestion. Create a folder and a few rules to shift the e-mails in the right folder.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I'd rather create an Exchange Mailbox for each "identity" of mine, then have all those mailboxes be accessible from Outlook, I'm perfectly happy with each mailbox having their own set of contacts and calendar.

Although this may lead to problems with PDA syncing

....And then... Outlook Web Access only supports one mailbox at a time, right?

• User profile image
    littleguru

W3bbo wrote:
    I'd rather create an Exchange Mailbox for each "identity" of mine, then have all those mailboxes be accessible from Outlook, I'm perfectly happy with each mailbox having their own set of contacts and calendar.

Although this may lead to problems with PDA syncing

....And then... Outlook Web Access only supports one mailbox at a time, right?

Yep. Therefore I was suggesting to have one... You have all the stuff in one mailbox and you are fine... I'm doing this also for my four addresses.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.