Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Home Automation with .NET

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Joiseystud

Does anyone know any home automation solutions that use .NET? I am looking on Smarthome.com and see the Insteon hardware.  Its good stuff but has anyone used .NET development to integrate the devices?

• User profile image
    Rob Iles

Hi,

Take a look at Harmony 2007 (www.domialifestyle.com) - it's a home automation platform, with support for several hardware options (X10, BBS, CBus, Dupline, Rako etc).

Harmony 2007 is a complete rewrite of the former Harmony 5.x range - written in VB.Net and C#

It comes with a DotNet API that enables full control over the "core" messaging system.

There's an active community on the forum (see support section of domialifestyle).

*disclosure* I wrote most of the components, and I'm now the manager of the Harmony / Domialifestyle Business).

Hope this is of interest,

Rob Iles

P.S. feel free to contact me directly if you feel it's appropriate.

• User profile image
    ScottWelker

I sure thought a "this week" episode covered this but after ~60 seconds of searching I can't find it :-/

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.