Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Silverlight + Playboy... giggidy giggidy!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • maxzuck

http://playboyarchive.com/

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

• Harlequin

Wouldn't mind a Channel 9 interview on this one. Since I'd like to know what techs they used for this. If it is Deep Zoom, I figured that was pretty much for images only, the Playboy site seems to have interactions in the pages, like menu clicks and stuff. Would like to know how they did that. And they can highlight text too, which tells me they Xaml'ed all the pages, not just scanned.

Edit: Not a fan of how the mouses scrollwheel makes the page go up and down, and not zoom in/out.

• intelman

Noticed a Microsoft Employee on twitter said "OMFGS this is work?" when he was surfing that for testing Wink

• stun

Harlequin said:
    Wouldn't mind a Channel 9 interview on this one. Since I'd like to know what techs they used for this. If it is Deep Zoom, I figured that was pretty much for images only, the Playboy site seems to have interactions in the pages, like menu clicks and stuff. Would like to know how they did that. And they can highlight text too, which tells me they Xaml'ed all the pages, not just scanned.

Edit: Not a fan of how the mouses scrollwheel makes the page go up and down, and not zoom in/out.
    Deep Zoom
    Giggles like a little boy.

Hehe sorry couldn't resist making this comment.

• Bas

Beatiful. Simply beautiful. Err, the technology, of course.

Was that Jessica Rabbit?

• ZippyV

I expected less articles.

• maxzuck

ZippyV said:
    I expected less articles.
    Well then I guess next time someone says they ready Playboy for the articles... you just might believe that person. Tongue Out

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.