Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • jamie

please release ver that works with Win 7
    (just update your .exe to load)
    it has been many months

so ..is tomorrow good for you?

over and out.

• Evil SEO

What the hell are you talking about? It works on my machine, therefore it must work on everybody else's machine!!!!!111! Just like IE8 likes throwing all those nice javascripts errors everywhere, including this website, no matter how many times I click that stupid "Do not show this message again" checkbox: it's not an issue, it's by design!!11!!!!

See? SEEE? It's not really a fault of Microsoft if it doesn't work on your dodgy configuration!!!111!!11!!! Go dump your slow0rz bugg0rz Penziumz MMXz and buy the latest 2000$ Dell Adamo, the faster CPU and thick layer of aluminium are really going to fix your problem!!11!!!!!

P.S. It really loads fine on my win7. And remember: the parameter is not an object - I repeat - the parameter is not an object, that's what IE8 said.

• ZippyV

Evil SEO said:
    What the hell are you talking about? It works on my machine, therefore it must work on everybody else's machine!!!!!111! Just like IE8 likes throwing all those nice javascripts errors everywhere, including this website, no matter how many times I click that stupid "Do not show this message again" checkbox: it's not an issue, it's by design!!11!!!!

See? SEEE? It's not really a fault of Microsoft if it doesn't work on your dodgy configuration!!!111!!11!!! Go dump your slow0rz bugg0rz Penziumz MMXz and buy the latest 2000$ Dell Adamo, the faster CPU and thick layer of aluminium are really going to fix your problem!!11!!!!!

P.S. It really loads fine on my win7. And remember: the parameter is not an object - I repeat - the parameter is not an object, that's what IE8 said.
    Tools -> Internet Options -> tab 'Advanced' -> section 'Browsing' ->
    Check 'Disable script debugging' x2
    Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'

• Evil SEO

ZippyV said:
    Evil SEO said:
    *snip*
    Tools -> Internet Options -> tab 'Advanced' -> section 'Browsing' ->
    Check 'Disable script debugging' x2
    Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'

This is how it's actually set:

The changes I made from the page error dialogs were saved but IE8 has always ignored them, that evil browser must really hate me.

• vesuvius

Evil SEO said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

This is how it's actually set:

The changes I made from the page error dialogs were saved but IE8 has always ignored them, that evil browser must really hate me.

You are still unable to answer the question, why not try Firefox or Opera or Safari? There is a lot of choice nowadays.

You are frequenting a forum full of developers, that somehow don't get the problems you do, so you are trying to convince the wrong people, much like selling snow to an Eskimo. That points to problems with the machine or user.

Have you tried IE8 on another machine?

You anti IE8 stuff is really beginning to get boring now, just use Firefox instead and give us some peace.

• Evil SEO

vesuvius said:
    Evil SEO said:
    *snip*
    You are still unable to answer the question, why not try Firefox or Opera or Safari? There is a lot of choice nowadays.

You are frequenting a forum full of developers, that somehow don't get the problems you do, so you are trying to convince the wrong people, much like selling snow to an Eskimo. That points to problems with the machine or user.

Have you tried IE8 on another machine?

You anti IE8 stuff is really beginning to get boring now, just use Firefox instead and give us some peace.
    "You are still unable to answer the question, why not try Firefox or Opera or Safari? There is a lot of choice nowadays."

"You are frequenting a forum full of developers, that somehow don't get the problems you do, so you are trying to convince the wrong people, much like selling snow to an Eskimo. That points to problems with the machine or user."

Who's trying to convince anybody? Most of the civilized world already realized it sucks.

"Have you tried IE8 on another machine?"

This is actually the 4th machine where it doesn't work properly. I was hoping it would have worked decently at least on W7, but, oh boy, I couldn't have been more wrong.

"You anti IE8 stuff is really beginning to get boring now, just use Firefox instead and give us some peace."

Nobody's forcing you to read or reply to my posts, move on...

• vesuvius

Evil SEO said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*
    "You are still unable to answer the question, why not try Firefox or Opera or Safari? There is a lot of choice nowadays."

"You are frequenting a forum full of developers, that somehow don't get the problems you do, so you are trying to convince the wrong people, much like selling snow to an Eskimo. That points to problems with the machine or user."

Who's trying to convince anybody? Most of the civilized world already realized it sucks.

"Have you tried IE8 on another machine?"

This is actually the 4th machine where it doesn't work properly. I was hoping it would have worked decently at least on W7, but, oh boy, I couldn't have been more wrong.

"You anti IE8 stuff is really beginning to get boring now, just use Firefox instead and give us some peace."

Nobody's forcing you to read or reply to my posts, move on...
    You must really think that you are capable of getting through to me, by trying to flame, irritate or be insolent to me.

I must advise you that you are wasting your time. I don't read your posts as much as feel a sense of deja vu.

If I did not know any better I would say this is corona_coder (who I think is intellectually sound), but has this childish play games streak that he/you cannot seem to shake off.

PS: In the image you have posted with the orange arrows, click the orange icon on the left in the taskbar don't click on the blue 'e' icon on the right, it seems to be causing you problems. Remember now, click on the orange icon on the left in the taskbar.

• Evil SEO

vesuvius said:
    Evil SEO said:
    *snip*
    You must really think that you are capable of getting through to me, by trying to flame, irritate or be insolent to me.

I must advise you that you are wasting your time. I don't read your posts as much as feel a sense of deja vu.

If I did not know any better I would say this is corona_coder (who I think is intellectually sound), but has this childish play games streak that he/you cannot seem to shake off.

PS: In the image you have posted with the orange arrows, click the orange icon on the left in the taskbar don't click on the blue 'e' icon on the right, it seems to be causing you problems. Remember now, click on the orange icon on the left in the taskbar.
    "You must really think that you are capable of getting through to me, by trying to flame, irritate or be insolent to me."

If I was trolling or flaming your reply would be the the perfect confirm I caught you. But as I said, move on: this thread isn't about how awful IE8 is. You got the answer you were looking for by replying with the usual "we know better than you" tone: nothing more, nothing less.

... Wh... What? What is this silence? 6 posts and yet nobody told jamie how the problem is betweek the keyboard and the chair, how he fails at computing or how dodgy his hardware is. But... but... photo story works perfectly fine on my win7, it must be HIS fault, teh internets told me!

"I must advise you that you are wasting your time. I don't read your posts as much as feel a sense of deja vu."

You don't read yet you still reply. Replying without reading seems to be a pretty popular sport inside this forum.

"If I did not know any better I would say this is corona_coder (who I think is intellectually sound), but has this childish play games streak that he/you cannot seem to shake off."

Just like your sense of superiority and your lack of respect of other people's opinion, I see. So few answers, so many personal attacks. How sad...

"PS: In the image you have posted with the orange arrows, click the orange icon on the left in the taskbar don't click on the blue 'e' icon on the right, it seems to be causing you problems. Remember now, click on the orange icon on the left in the taskbar."

I could click the other one, but then I'd have nothing to laugh at, other than WM 6.5 that is so bad I don't even want to talk about it: they're crossing the line between "unbelievably ridiculous" and "just sad", it runs on CPUs 3x faster than windows XP minimum requirements, CPUs so fast they can emulate many playstation games at full framerate, yet I've never seen something run so slowly.

• Dodo

Evil SEO said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*
    "You must really think that you are capable of getting through to me, by trying to flame, irritate or be insolent to me."

If I was trolling or flaming your reply would be the the perfect confirm I caught you. But as I said, move on: this thread isn't about how awful IE8 is. You got the answer you were looking for by replying with the usual "we know better than you" tone: nothing more, nothing less.

... Wh... What? What is this silence? 6 posts and yet nobody told jamie how the problem is betweek the keyboard and the chair, how he fails at computing or how dodgy his hardware is. But... but... photo story works perfectly fine on my win7, it must be HIS fault, teh internets told me!

"I must advise you that you are wasting your time. I don't read your posts as much as feel a sense of deja vu."

You don't read yet you still reply. Replying without reading seems to be a pretty popular sport inside this forum.

"If I did not know any better I would say this is corona_coder (who I think is intellectually sound), but has this childish play games streak that he/you cannot seem to shake off."

Just like your sense of superiority and your lack of respect of other people's opinion, I see. So few answers, so many personal attacks. How sad...

"PS: In the image you have posted with the orange arrows, click the orange icon on the left in the taskbar don't click on the blue 'e' icon on the right, it seems to be causing you problems. Remember now, click on the orange icon on the left in the taskbar."

I could click the other one, but then I'd have nothing to laugh at, other than WM 6.5 that is so bad I don't even want to talk about it: they're crossing the line between "unbelievably ridiculous" and "just sad", it runs on CPUs 3x faster than windows XP minimum requirements, CPUs so fast they can emulate many playstation games at full framerate, yet I've never seen something run so slowly.
    Hey... WTF is wrong with you guys?

Instead of complaining about things that don't work, have bad design or whatever there's bad about it, suggest how to improve it, might help one or two... I'm just saying...

@Jamie: Photostory really works fine on Windows 7, even here. I once couldn't install it because of that MSI bug with CEP, but that was fixable.

• dentaku

Dodo said:
    Evil SEO said:
    *snip*
    Hey... WTF is wrong with you guys?

Instead of complaining about things that don't work, have bad design or whatever there's bad about it, suggest how to improve it, might help one or two... I'm just saying...

@Jamie: Photostory really works fine on Windows 7, even here. I once couldn't install it because of that MSI bug with CEP, but that was fixable.
    I really hope that the stop in Photostory development is because they're incorporating it into the new Live Movie Maker.
    Photostory is some of the best free software MS (or anyone) has ever released.
    We all know that Live Movie Maker is FAR from finished so adding Photostory's features to it would make it great because it's so easy to use and creates quite professional looking results even when used by total amateurs.

• magicalclick

dentaku said:
    Dodo said:
    *snip*
    I really hope that the stop in Photostory development is because they're incorporating it into the new Live Movie Maker.
    Photostory is some of the best free software MS (or anyone) has ever released.
    We all know that Live Movie Maker is FAR from finished so adding Photostory's features to it would make it great because it's so easy to use and creates quite professional looking results even when used by total amateurs.
    I agree. Move it into Live Movie Maker is way better. Not many people heard of PhotoStory and it is not even bundled in Live Suite.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • jamie

re: works in 7 ... how did you get it to load??

re: incorporate into live movie maker      NO!

I loaded windows live (12 pieces of software to turn off) movie maker.

You open it - the timeline is gone... it bombs ... there are no longer any export options - just wmv - the size they say - no options

I think my 2 favorite apps that ms has done in the last 8 years are photostory and movie maker.

now - photostory doesnt seem to load ... and they have ruined movie maker (or it isnt done)...

Example - import video from camera.  NO option in movie maker.  you have to use Live Photo Gallery.. im serious!

* on the plus side - windows live photogallery was the only importer to work as expected out of nero and premiere - both which imported the video - square - not rectangle (squished) and with lines through it.

So kudos live photo gallery ... but wtf is video import doing in there and not it in the video program??

I needed photostory this weekend - but it wont load...  and the new movie maker - is such a bad joke... words cannot describe how i feel about it (at least with a language filter on)

Its ok though... i used Nero vision (had to learn it) to edit the video and timeline.  its pretty good. its the only one to handle a 3 gig file like it was 30 megs. *but the last ver of movmaker UI is so superior

i really hope they FIX the installer for Photostory... i want the OLD PERFECT version... and i hope they dump the new live movie maker (i want the OLD PERFECT version)

Im sick of being anti-change guy - but the NEW VERSIONS are broken or STINK
    Tongue Out

PS - you know why theres problems with photostory?  VALIDATION. It was one of those first apps - to need "validation" to get.  So unlike my 10 year old photoshop 3.5 which still loads.. or come to think of it - ALL my apps except for MS infected apps... will all load today - on win 7 - as they wernt mandated by a salesguy to check windows versions - to obsolete themselves with each version.

what do you want for photostory? $39 bucks sounds about right.  Sell it to me - and make it free of this DRM crap
    Ill pay that for a normal moviemaker too (you remember right? programs. they install on many versions of windows - without internet access... )  Coming Soon! MovieMaker crossed by Twitter! look how cool we are!

"Microsoft: Destorying everything you loved about us - one app at a time"
  • Evil SEO

jamie said:

You open it - the timeline is gone... it bombs ... there are no longer any export options - just wmv - the size they say - no options

I think my 2 favorite apps that ms has done in the last 8 years are photostory and movie maker.

now - photostory doesnt seem to load ... and they have ruined movie maker (or it isnt done)...

Example - import video from camera.  NO option in movie maker.  you have to use Live Photo Gallery.. im serious!

* on the plus side - windows live photogallery was the only importer to work as expected out of nero and premiere - both which imported the video - square - not rectangle (squished) and with lines through it.

So kudos live photo gallery ... but wtf is video import doing in there and not it in the video program??

I needed photostory this weekend - but it wont load...  and the new movie maker - is such a bad joke... words cannot describe how i feel about it (at least with a language filter on)

Its ok though... i used Nero vision (had to learn it) to edit the video and timeline.  its pretty good. its the only one to handle a 3 gig file like it was 30 megs. *but the last ver of movmaker UI is so superior

i really hope they FIX the installer for Photostory... i want the OLD PERFECT version... and i hope they dump the new live movie maker (i want the OLD PERFECT version)

Tongue Out

PS - you know why theres problems with photostory?  VALIDATION. It was one of those first apps - to need "validation" to get.  So unlike my 10 year old photoshop 3.5 which still loads.. or come to think of it - ALL my apps except for MS infected apps... will all load today - on win 7 - as they wernt mandated by a salesguy to check windows versions - to obsolete themselves with each version.

what do you want for photostory? $39 bucks sounds about right.  Sell it to me - and make it free of this DRM crap
    Ill pay that for a normal moviemaker too (you remember right? programs. they install on many versions of windows - without internet access... )  Coming Soon! MovieMaker crossed by Twitter! look how cool we are!

"re: works in 7 ... how did you get it to load??"

I just installed it, started it and it worked.

• fatfrank

what windows 7 build are you using? works fine for me

• dentaku

jamie said:

Tongue Out

I'm pretty sure Live Movie Maker just isn't done yet. I haven't bothered installing the beta because I know it's uselesss in it's current form.
    I video editor without a timeline isn't even worth bothering putting out a beta for.

• evildictait​or

Evil SEO said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    "re: works in 7 ... how did you get it to load??"

I just installed it, started it and it worked.
    If you're not using IE8, why do you care that it's a broken buggy piece of cr*p? And if you are still using it, why don't you try Chrome, Opera, or just use your firefox?

Note: Chrome works everywhere pretty much perfectly. The only place I visit that it doesn't work 100% for is here, and that's due to the inability of the development team to get the rich-text box to work.

• Evil SEO

evildictaitor said:
    Evil SEO said:
    *snip*
    If you're not using IE8, why do you care that it's a broken buggy piece of cr*p? And if you are still using it, why don't you try Chrome, Opera, or just use your firefox?

Note: Chrome works everywhere pretty much perfectly. The only place I visit that it doesn't work 100% for is here, and that's due to the inability of the development team to get the rich-text box to work.
    Ok, you just blown up my cover of web developer that needs to check his websites with all browsers (including IE) that my nickname and user quote should have suggested. The truth is ... that I'm an undercover agent investigating the death of a PC user that tried visiting 4chan without an animated GIFs blocker: I'm trying to find out if it was just a natural death caused by an animated LOLCAT or if there's a conspiracy between Microsoft and an evil 4chan user named RickAstley to slowly kill all the IE users in the world with sneaky hidden pop-under RickRoll videos.

• GoddersUK

For goodness sake, check the name:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92755126-a008-49b3-b3f4-6f33852af9c1&DisplayLang=en

Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP

If it works that's all fine and dandy, but if not then hey, Windows 7 is NOT Windows XP.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.