Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

09/09/09 -- 9ers Day?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Dr Herbie

I think we should designate Sept 9th 2009 to be international 9ers day! Big Smile

I'm sure the Channel 9 team can think of suitable ways to celebrate --

• tatoos all round?
    • 9-Guy cake?
    • Competition?
    • C9v5 ?
    Anyone got any more suggestions?

Herbie

• TommyCarlier

Go to a concert of 999?

• Ion Todirel

> 9ers Day?

you bet! Smiley wow, time flies so fast... a 9 guy cake would be nice, Charles?

• blowdart

Ion Todirel said:
    > 9ers Day?

BBQ at Jeff's house, with everyone invited Smiley

• tfraser

Give a super administrator account to any Niner that visits at exactly 9:09 AM or PM?

• bureX

tfraser said:
    Give a super administrator account to any Niner that visits at exactly 9:09 AM or PM?
    I vote in favor of your fair proposition, good sir! Yay to the niners, power to thy people!

• Human​Compiler

An idea that's been popping around in my head for a while...

Would anyone be interested in the Coffeehouse moving to an open source project (initially built by us) that anyone here could contribute to?

I can't make any promises, but thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if anyone would bite.

• bureX

HumanCompiler said:

Would anyone be interested in the Coffeehouse moving to an open source project (initially built by us) that anyone here could contribute to?

I can't make any promises, but thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if anyone would bite.
    - That would improve Microsoft's image in the open source scene
    - There is a possibility of clones popping up here and there
    - Niners would be able to make far more constructive suggestions to improve the overall forum design and functionality

How far will the separation of the Coffeehouse from the rest of the board go?

• Charles

Ion Todirel said:
    > 9ers Day?

We have a 9 Guy Cake, today! Smiley Ion, you're on campus, right? You should have gotten an invite then...

Pictures will be available soon!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
    C

• jamie

bureX said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    - Niners would be able to make far more constructive suggestions to improve the overall forum design and functionality

that would be amazing - evnet = heroes!  Wink

• Ion Todirel

Charles said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*
    We have a 9 Guy Cake, today! Smiley Ion, you're on campus, right? You should have gotten an invite then...

Pictures will be available soon!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
    C
    I'm far far far away, at MCDC Sad thanks for the invitation thought

• jonathansam​pson

HumanCompiler said:

I agree with the others, that would definitely boost MS's image int he Open Source world. I'd love to see a project like that Smiley

• Human​Compiler

bureX said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*

Still thinking through the idea.  We'd like to add Forums to Oxite and it's open source (and built by us) so the thought came that maybe it would be cool to get Niners involved in the development.

You know...I can see the headlines now...Niners build Channel 9!  Wink  Again, this is all in my head at the moment now.  Nothing real.  Smiley

• bureX

HumanCompiler said:
    bureX said:
    *snip*
    Still thinking through the idea.  We'd like to add Forums to Oxite and it's open source (and built by us) so the thought came that maybe it would be cool to get Niners involved in the development.

You know...I can see the headlines now...Niners build Channel 9!  Wink  Again, this is all in my head at the moment now.  Nothing real.  Smiley
    Alright people, let's get this guy over to a full liquor cabinet or something, we need to transform him from the ordinary thinker to a hard core "yes-man"! Stat! Wink

If *the source* is released, be prepared to work with it like runny modeling clay... We may create a new statue of David, or we may chip away chunks for ourselves to make poorly crafted ash trays... Just a fair warning Smiley

Thumbs up for turning an ordinary idea into a pre-release trailer Wink

• Human​Compiler

bureX said:
    HumanCompiler said:
    *snip*
    Alright people, let's get this guy over to a full liquor cabinet or something, we need to transform him from the ordinary thinker to a hard core "yes-man"! Stat! Wink

If *the source* is released, be prepared to work with it like runny modeling clay... We may create a new statue of David, or we may chip away chunks for ourselves to make poorly crafted ash trays... Just a fair warning Smiley

Thumbs up for turning an ordinary idea into a pre-release trailer Wink
    Well, we're probably not going to release that runs the site currently.  Oxite is already open source, just doesn't have forums yet, but we'll get that in there over time.

• jamie

re:  09 / 09 / 09

its taken by ....the beatles Smiley

(CNN) -- For fans of The Beatles, 09/09/09 will mark a new invasion.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/07/beatles.remastered.catalogue/index.html

*  = all old mono records - remastered in stero ... shes loves you ... but also even later albums were all mixed down to 4 tracks (jumbled together)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.