Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ReadSubTree()

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

.NET 2.0 has an "ReadSubTree()" class, does anyone know what the name of that class is in .net 1.1?
    EDIT: I can't believe I'm stressing over this crap...

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick

Do you mean the XmlReader.ReadSubtree method?

There's no equivalent in v1.1. You'd have to keep track of the reader's current depth and look for the EndElement node matching the current node (according to this page).

• User profile image
    Steve411

Mike Dimmick wrote:
    Do you mean the XmlReader.ReadSubtree method?

There's no equivalent in v1.1. You'd have to keep track of the reader's current depth and look for the EndElement node matching the current node (according to this page).

Someone want to give me a hand and write that for me?

• User profile image
    Rossj

Steve411 wrote:
    Mike Dimmick wrote:Do you mean the XmlReader.ReadSubtree method?

Is this for Rss parsing? If it is and you can wait 7 hours (till I get home) I've got something that might save you some trouble.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Rossj wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:

Is this for Rss parsing? If it is and you can wait 7 hours (till I get home) I've got something that might save you some trouble.

XML. And thanks. I'll still be up if I don't faint. [3:19 AM]

• User profile image
    Rossj

Steve411 wrote:
    Rossj wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:

XML. And thanks. I'll still be up if I don't faint. [3:19 AM]

The stuff I have is for parsing the RSS dialect of XML but it will likely be of use to you on how the parsing works.  I'd write more but I am at work.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Thanks. What do you do?

• User profile image
    Rossj

Steve411 wrote:
    Thanks. What do you do?

Write code Smiley

• User profile image
    Steve411

Rossj wrote:
    Steve411 wrote: Thanks. What do you do?

Write code

Obviously. never mind. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Rossj

Steve411 wrote:
    Rossj wrote:

Write code

Obviously. never mind.

I work on an Expert System for local government, enables them to provide lots of their services via the web - by using a flowchart-type app.  Hopefully though not for too long (assuming this agent gets back to me soon).

• User profile image
    Steve411

Rossj wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:
    Rossj wrote:

Write code

Obviously. never mind.

I work on an Expert System for local government, enables them to provide lots of their services via the web - by using a flowchart-type app.  Hopefully though not for too long (assuming this agent gets back to me soon).

Sounds tough to do.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:

Ahh recruitment agents. We have taken to calling them Job Pimps.

• User profile image
    Steve411

hahahaha

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.