Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows 7 RC1 leaks

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

to me it looks weird.

i really liked how it came over stuff in vista... [nixed]  think it would look better with more room around it - and a bit of a resessed shadowing... but wadebber

it just looks like someone said (bellowing) "make it bigger! ya ya ya!"

edit: then again - i thinkall the icons look silly in the new taskbar...  i love the animations on mouseover.. and that it picks up on the colurs in the individual icons... but the icons just look silly ...in that defined rectangle.

maybe i just hate rectangles.  Im talking to you IE!  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie said:
    to me it looks weird.

i really liked how it came over stuff in vista... [nixed]  think it would look better with more room around it - and a bit of a resessed shadowing... but wadebber

it just looks like someone said (bellowing) "make it bigger! ya ya ya!"

edit: then again - i thinkall the icons look silly in the new taskbar...  i love the animations on mouseover.. and that it picks up on the colurs in the individual icons... but the icons just look silly ...in that defined rectangle.

maybe i just hate rectangles.  Im talking to you IE!  Tongue Out
    Again, I'd really like to have access to this Windows 7 RC. Because I haven't seen the RC, yet.

• User profile image
    elmer

jamie said:
    804 meg of 2.36 gig so far.

so this is the one where you have to manually edit cversion.ini to let it install?

im on 7057 - so i should change the text to -7077? even though its 7100  or a lower number?

*hopefully this fixes alot of desktop issues... files not appearing mainly.

Off topic - ive grown to despise ie8 running mulitple services? what ever they changed bogs down 20 tabbed ies. especially on close
    (bomb - 5 minutes to close 20 windows/tabs ... most running google.com (simple page)

*perhaps they isolated the instances of IE because it bombs - but in doing so - they have created a MONSTER ie - that bombs even more.

It reminds me of the new shutdown screen:  Force restart....  because i guess Windows hung for many people - so they add a new layer - allowing you to override the bomb.

Why not just fix the bombing.. instead of adding screens and screens of "overrides"
    Don't know, but FWIW, they HAVE said they do not support upgrading from beta to rc, or the use of any of the unauthorised leaked builds. The recommended process is a clean install of the RC... and I don't have the patience to play those games, so I'll be waiting for the RTM and do it just once - Vista to Win7.

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/04/07/delivering-a-quality-upgrade-experience.aspx

• User profile image
    jamie

im aware of that... im running a production machine - my one - with 7057. 

i do not want to reinstall - so i have to upgrade.
    (i do backups of client data etc)

i just have so much installed...  i really dont want to lose it all

(for the Final - yes - i will. format/clean)

edit: for what its worth - this machine went from vista - for a long time - to win7 beta - to 7057.

no probs except little silly ones.

Upgrading really isnt like in the old days. it deletes your windows folder.  i find, its all new (even though the drive gets messy)

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

jamie said:
    im aware of that... im running a production machine - my one - with 7057. 

i do not want to reinstall - so i have to upgrade.
    (i do backups of client data etc)

i just have so much installed...  i really dont want to lose it all

(for the Final - yes - i will. format/clean)

edit: for what its worth - this machine went from vista - for a long time - to win7 beta - to 7057.

no probs except little silly ones.

Upgrading really isnt like in the old days. it deletes your windows folder.  i find, its all new (even though the drive gets messy)

Jamie Grant
    as Channel 9's jamie

• User profile image
    jamie

brian.shapiro said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Jamie Grant
    as Channel 9's jamie
    brian.

huh?

jamie.

(are you doing a musical?)

• User profile image
    elmer

Sure, but the point that they make is that the telemetry is telling them that much of the flakeyness people experience is a result of upgrading, particularly if any of the interim builds have been involved... so you might not achieve the result you want by upgrading to the RC.

• User profile image
    jamie

elmer said:
    Sure, but the point that they make is that the telemetry is telling them that much of the flakeyness people experience is a result of upgrading, particularly if any of the interim builds have been involved... so you might not achieve the result you want by upgrading to the RC.
    ill take my chances - as 57 was worse than the beta.  i just did it to get new ie - which was better - but that i now hate for its resourse hogging.

ha

• User profile image
    Koogle

littleguru said:
    Hmmm... the orb looks like a round button on a belt. Dunn what's wrong with that...

@Koogle: don't be ridiculous. If you are that much of an expert you know how to install from USB without wasting a DVD Wink
     I could do it that way, but then I wouldn't get to say this leaky Win7 release ain't even worth burning on DVDr disc would I.. besides

1. My usb stick is filled with more useful things
    2. I can't be bothered, to download it...
    3. I can't be bothered, to move files around for it...
    4. I can't be bothered, to install it...
    5. I can't be bothered..
    6. I can't be bothered..
    7. Basically ...7 bothers me and I can't be bothered with it

Just letting you know Wink

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

jamie said:
    brian.shapiro said:
    *snip*
    brian.

huh?

jamie.

(are you doing a musical?)
    no thats your intro clip from a tv drama

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.