Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Please help. Looking for a team.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    fivestrokes

I'm a developer and have been building a piece of software (webapp) to go to market with. I've done the research and have a beta prototype. I'm now looking for a team to help me build the production system. I have about 6 months time to do it.

It's a .NET project, with a Silverlight 2 or 3 front-end. I would really appreciate someone with excellent coding skills, an architect to help us with the API and a designer for the front-ends.

I'm in Europe and willing to travel to you, hopefully within Europe. Does anyone know a good coding shop or team that can help me out with this?

I would really appreciate it. Many thanks guys.

Edit / Additional info:

• If you fit any role I've mentioned above and are interested in additional info regarding the project, you can get in touch with me here (fivestrokes (at) gmail (dot) com).
    • I could travel to you in about a month from now, to discuss terms and schedules.
    • Project duration: about 6 months

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Hmmm, tempting.

Are you looking for a collaboration of freelancers over the Internet or a team willing to sell itself out? You'll need to provide more details before anyone takes this seriously.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

If you already have a beta than why do you still require someone with coding skills? How much code do you already have and is it feature complete?

• User profile image
    littleguru

ZippyV said:
    If you already have a beta than why do you still require someone with coding skills? How much code do you already have and is it feature complete?

It seems that he's confusing prototype with beta... could that be?

• User profile image
    fivestrokes

ZippyV said:
    littleguru is right, it's a prototype and not beta. The software has to be re-written from scratch with more quality (security, perf, etc).

A collaboration of freelancers is also a very attractive proposition. If you're interested or can recommend someone, please contact me at fivestrokes (at) gmail (dot) com. I have never put together an Internet team. Has anyone here had much success with that?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

fivestrokes said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*
    littleguru is right, it's a prototype and not beta. The software has to be re-written from scratch with more quality (security, perf, etc).

A collaboration of freelancers is also a very attractive proposition. If you're interested or can recommend someone, please contact me at fivestrokes (at) gmail (dot) com. I have never put together an Internet team. Has anyone here had much success with that?
    How many pages of specification/requirements do you have of the project?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

fivestrokes said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

I've sent you an email; let's see where this takes me.

And what's that? meeting up in real-life with strangers you meet on the Internet? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    fivestrokes

W3bbo said:
    fivestrokes said:
    *snip*
    I've sent you an email; let's see where this takes me.

And what's that? meeting up in real-life with strangers you meet on the Internet? Tongue Out
    I can confirm this about meeting strangers w3bbo, geeks are the most peaceful people I know Smiley Have you never heard the phrase "the geek will inherit the earth"?

ZippyV, I was hoping to write up the spec with an architect. The prototype is very sound and complete. Some customers are using it in a production environment. ZippyV, are you an architect?

• User profile image
    AndersR

Hello"fivestrokes"

I'm a Silverlight freelancer from Stockholm with around 2 years of SL experience. Let me know if I can help. If you want a quick brief of what I do please have a look at my Web site http://www.egotronic.com.

cheers

/anders

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.