Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Holy crap! Can you say "low contrast"?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Minh

Seriously, why does C9 hate vision-impaired people?

• Dodo

It's the wrong background anyway. Since build 7054 or 7056 (I'm not sure) we got a new background. Also, I've heard Adam can see well. My personal 'uglyness' recommendation for this particular theme: Make the menu text something between #222222 and black.

• Minh

Dodo said:
    It's the wrong background anyway. Since build 7054 or 7056 (I'm not sure) we got a new background. Also, I've heard Adam can see well. My personal 'uglyness' recommendation for this particular theme: Make the menu text something between #222222 and black.
    It's like no one bother to check their work... because with just ONE look, you can see it's a horrible clash

• Dodo

Minh said:
    Dodo said:
    *snip*
    It's like no one bother to check their work... because with just ONE look, you can see it's a horrible clash

This guy made the background. And this guy swapped it out. You can stalk them now, but don't tell them I told you, mkay? Smiley

• Charles

We're working on this. Thanks for the feedback!
    C

• Duncanma

And now it has been updated. Thanks for the feedback folks, appreciate it.

As far as 'why the old background'? I think that is a good point, I would have liked to see the new background as well Smiley

• bureX

Duncanma said:
    And now it has been updated. Thanks for the feedback folks, appreciate it.

As far as 'why the old background'? I think that is a good point, I would have liked to see the new background as well Smiley

A page refresh may be needed to load the new CSS settings Wink

• AdamKinney

Minh said:
    Dodo said:
    *snip*

My apologies for not checking my work.  Thanks for bringing it up. Smiley

• Zeus

I personally hate it when you disable my custom CSS ... Sad

• figuerres

AdamKinney said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

simple goof, simple fix Smiley

• Koogle

Zeus said:
    I personally hate it when you disable my custom CSS ... Sad
    same here.. its annoying!

I've decided not to bother with the custom profile css anymore.. seeing as whenever you guys feel like showing off something inferior (like Windows7 -Hello) my css gets disabled! Sad

So gone back to using Styler... only now I gotz to mess around with the css again just to stop Styler applying the body { background } css to the sodding iframe editor !important

Also seems like some other css settings have been changed aswel I've noticed.... since moving the user external css back to styler not everything is looking the same.

• vesuvius

Now the Channel 9 menu really is too hard to see.

I am still of the pursuasion that the old menu was fine as it was, and not too much of a problem, but this is definitely a case where the menu text should be a darker colour

• Maddus Mattus

Koogle said:
    Zeus said:
    *snip*

I've decided not to bother with the custom profile css anymore.. seeing as whenever you guys feel like showing off something inferior (like Windows7 -Hello) my css gets disabled! Sad

So gone back to using Styler... only now I gotz to mess around with the css again just to stop Styler applying the body { background } css to the sodding iframe editor !important

Also seems like some other css settings have been changed aswel I've noticed.... since moving the user external css back to styler not everything is looking the same.
    Holy moly!

You sound like a user!

ok, agreed, from a user experience design it's not the best color scheme you can choose. But it's workable and it's fun that C9 is in a different theme because of stuff that's going on at Microsoft. I find it very refreshing. But come on, give the guys some slack!

I know we are all experts here, but this is just nitpicking.

Relax, things will return to normal once this whole Windows 7 thing blows over Wink

• littleguru

I like the blue background... and now with the black fonts for the main menu entries it's also very readable Wink

• Bas

Dodo said:
    What's the new background, anyway? I thought they still used the betta fish by default?

• Duncanma

Koogle said:
    Zeus said:
    *snip*

The reason for disabling your custom css wasn't to force you to see the Windows 7 or Birthday theme, it was because we know you created the custom css based on what was there normally... and we couldn't predict how it would interact with our custom theme. We are thinking hard about how to allow the best of both worlds (just like Hannah Montana!). We could certainly just say "if the user has custom css, then don't add in the special event theme code" but that would mean that if you have a single line of css in there to just hide a particular user for example, then you wouldn't see the birthday theme or win 7 or whatever. For some people that would be perfectly fine, but we'd like to believe that there are others that find the custom themes somewhat fun and would like to see them. As much as I am against adding additional options, it is possible we'll need to add a 'do not show special event themes' type of check box user setting.

• Minh

AdamKinney said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

I had to do it... It's for the blind children Smiley

• littleguru

Duncanma said:
    Koogle said:
    *snip*
    The reason for disabling your custom css wasn't to force you to see the Windows 7 or Birthday theme, it was because we know you created the custom css based on what was there normally... and we couldn't predict how it would interact with our custom theme. We are thinking hard about how to allow the best of both worlds (just like Hannah Montana!). We could certainly just say "if the user has custom css, then don't add in the special event theme code" but that would mean that if you have a single line of css in there to just hide a particular user for example, then you wouldn't see the birthday theme or win 7 or whatever. For some people that would be perfectly fine, but we'd like to believe that there are others that find the custom themes somewhat fun and would like to see them. As much as I am against adding additional options, it is possible we'll need to add a 'do not show special event themes' type of check box user setting.
    Hehe... you watch Hannah Montana? I had to watch it once because my younger cousin was watching it =)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.