Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Psychology of Incompetence - Ron Burk

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    androidi

Very funny

• User profile image
    Koogle

words for thought

• User profile image
    joechung

We all are.  It used to be de rigeur to prove that your code was correct.  Now many people don't even bother to test their code thoroughly, let alone prove it correct.

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

It is my personal incompetence that has frustrated me so much. I have been hit over the head by that glass sealing so many times my head hurt.  I try to gage better what tasks I am capable of doing and do those instead. Like what tasks did I hit my head against you might be wondering. Oh, how to solve world hunger and the clean water problem in a time frame of a year or so. It’s a very hard task. Needless to say, I was very incompetent. But I did my best and gave it my all. If I had given it any more I probably would have died. But fortunately I am here and realize my incompetence.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Everyone is an incompetent programmer all the time. The best we can do is assume we will make mistakes and learn from it.

• User profile image
    jamie

Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    elmer

I wrote program to demonstrate why supermodels should want to jump my bones all day long... but it doesn’t seem to work.

I guess I’m incompetent... or something.

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Koogle said:

words for thought

Rest assured, you're the only competent here, we all love to hear your parables about UI design...

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

jamie said:

Generic Forum Image

Why are W3bbo and I in that picture? I think in order to be stressed by the news about layoffs at MS, you'd have to work at MS first. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Koogle

RoyalSchrubber said:
    Koogle said:
    *snip*

Rest assured, you're the only competent here, we all love to hear your parables about UI design...

that's right, you should  Tongue Out ... but we all know you're lying because you can see no wrong in the noobshit UI/UX design, MS generally implements throughout its products.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Koogle said:
    RoyalSchrubber said:
    *snip*

that's right, you should  Tongue Out ... but we all know you're lying because you can see no wrong in the noobshit UI/UX design, MS generally implements throughout its products.

So why don't you enlighten us all with the reasons why the MS UI designs are 'noobshit'? Or do you just sit there making negative comments with no substance?

Herbie

• User profile image
    Koogle

Dr Herbie said:
    Koogle said:
    *snip*

So why don't you enlighten us all with the reasons why the MS UI designs are 'noobshit'? Or do you just sit there making negative comments with no substance?

Herbie

"So why don't you enlighten us all with the reasons why the MS UI designs are 'noobshit'?"

hahaa omg where to begin..

"Or do you just sit there making negative comments with no substance?"

go find some of my old posts and stop being a nub

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Koogle said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

"So why don't you enlighten us all with the reasons why the MS UI designs are 'noobshit'?"

I can't help you there, but I can tell you that begining would be a good start...

• User profile image
    Bass

Koogle said:
    Dr Herbie said:
    *snip*

Pictures of some UI in KoogleOS:

http://yokozar.org/blog/content/security-dialog/security-dialog1.jpg

http://yokozar.org/blog/content/security-dialog/security-dialog2.jpg

Smiley

• User profile image
    AndyC

Bass said:

OMFG the ui there tells you how to fix problems. Frikkin noob. </koogle>

Wink

• User profile image
    Minh

Dr Herbie said:
    Koogle said:
    *snip*

Herbie

I don't know if MS programmers are intentionally incompetent... It is without exaggeration to say that MS is the largest software company in the world.

Yet, Windows as an OS hasn't been advanced like it has the largest programming resouce on the planet.

There's been evolutionary changes in any axis you pick, security, user experience, programming, but you know when the changes have been the biggest?

When OSX made a serious play for the desktop. When Linux made a serious play as a free OS...

I don't think MS is guilty of having incompetent programmers (in general, not specific), just guilty of resting on their laurel (and a huge pile of cash).

Besides messing up the current layoffs (or is that LisaB's territory)... I like what Balmer's done...

He saw MS' huge pile of cash, and decide to use it... It might not net any profit (I don't care, I'm no longer a stock holder)... but it gets them moving.

• User profile image
    jamie

Sven Groot said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Why are W3bbo and I in that picture? I think in order to be stressed by the news about layoffs at MS, you'd have to work at MS first. Tongue Out

i just picked the people with the most damaged brains i could think of .. Wink

actually... i just grabbed some names i  recognised - that were still here!  Smiley

* i didnt have zeo, manikernal etc as c9park in the batch i opened... should have all been employees

my brain must be damaged... hey!  wait!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.