Coffeehouse Thread

98 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

OMG!!!! THANKYOU MS!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

    jamie said:
    RLO said:
    *snip*

    oh i found the "light the keyboard switch"

    shweng!

    Congrets, but I am mostly jealous Mad

    Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

    Minh said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

    Very cool gadget... If you happen to download and install ArtRage, please post some paintings... I'd like to know how well it works.

    PS

    Don't let this computer go to your head and join scientology or nothing Smiley

     

    Generic Forum Image

    isnt that illegal now

    corel 14 (x4) works on 64 bit...  photoshop works too (cs)  

    * i didnt bother loading CS3 as they futzed the feather command - so now i use cs (not 3)

     

    edit: crap maybe ill have to format this and go 64  (downstairs machine)

    so i can have 8 gig ram  (not 4 - 3 showing)

  • User profile image
    Minh

    jamie said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

    isnt that illegal now

    corel 14 (x4) works on 64 bit...  photoshop works too (cs)  

    * i didnt bother loading CS3 as they futzed the feather command - so now i use cs (not 3)

     

    edit: crap maybe ill have to format this and go 64  (downstairs machine)

    so i can have 8 gig ram  (not 4 - 3 showing)

    My Toshiba Tablet is woefully aging... fully charged battery only last 30 mins... and fan is noisy as heck...

    I doubt if I have the dough for that particular model... but this computer is putting thoughts in my head...

    Naughty thoughts...

  • User profile image
    RLO

    Jamie, hate to pour some cold water on the new computer, but looks like MS has done it again.  First the TV pack was OEM only, now the new touch pack for windows 7 is OEM only as well.

    Insert furious expletives here!!!

    So much for my UMPC and Touchsmart moving forward...

     

  • User profile image
    jamie

    RLO said:

    Jamie, hate to pour some cold water on the new computer, but looks like MS has done it again.  First the TV pack was OEM only, now the new touch pack for windows 7 is OEM only as well.

    Insert furious expletives here!!!

    So much for my UMPC and Touchsmart moving forward...

     

    ok im signed in upstairs.... hello computer

    (it is still amazing for a computer - its the imac of hp

     

     

    *im appreciating everything working - out of the box (just power cable and internet)

    = go!  and it did

     

    (of course ms (larry) loaded it ...talk about factory install!

  • User profile image
    Charles

    Do something novel and creative with your new platform, dear Jamie. Enjoy. Thank you for all your creativity over the years. The cartoons, themes and graphics have been much appreciated by many.

    And thanks to ALL of you for being such a great community. Blowdart, next time I'm in town I'll make sure to bring gifts that are more useful than stickers and 9 guys.

    Keep on posting,

    C

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    vesuvius said:
    jeffsand said:
    *snip*

    People mistakenly seem to think that the stuff Jamie does takes him a few minutes, but he is talented - a euphemism for fastidious about design, hence time consuming - and certainly does make resplendent contribution.

    I would feel beyond proud about getting Ozzie to wear "The Ozzman Cometh", but that, the happy birthday theme, and his constant issues with computers are a joy to be involved in most times. I am 'totally' green with envy, but you (as they say nowadays) 'totally' deserved it.

    Thank you Channel9 for making this happen.

    People mistakenly seem to think that the stuff Jamie does takes him a few minutes

    What, and creating several C9 related applications and the code formatting code that's used on C9 itself didn't take me any time at all?

    Where are my gifts? Even the 9 guys I have didn't come directly from C9 itself. Tongue Out

    I see only one possible solution to determine which Niner is truly the most deserving of gifts: war! Wink

  • User profile image
    Charles

    Sven Groot said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

    What, and creating several C9 related applications and the code formatting code that's used on C9 itself didn't take me any time at all?

    Where are my gifts? Even the 9 guys I have didn't come directly from C9 itself. Tongue Out

    I see only one possible solution to determine which Niner is truly the most deserving of gifts: war! Wink

    Sven, we haven't forgotten about your significant contributions. Wink

    C

  • User profile image
    ManipUni

    Grats Jamie. You totally deserved it Big Smile

    Now new C9/Windows 7 hybrid background for all!

  • User profile image
    joechung

    Wow, that is just awesome, man!

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Charles said:

    Do something novel and creative with your new platform, dear Jamie. Enjoy. Thank you for all your creativity over the years. The cartoons, themes and graphics have been much appreciated by many.

    And thanks to ALL of you for being such a great community. Blowdart, next time I'm in town I'll make sure to bring gifts that are more useful than stickers and 9 guys.

    Keep on posting,

    C

    I wasn't implying we want swag before we take you out you know Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    jamie said:
    RLO said:
    *snip*

    ok im signed in upstairs.... hello computer

    (it is still amazing for a computer - its the imac of hp

     

     

    *im appreciating everything working - out of the box (just power cable and internet)

    = go!  and it did

     

    (of course ms (larry) loaded it ...talk about factory install!

    Jamie .... you deserve it mate because you give a darn! Kudos to you.

     

  • User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

    jamie said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

    thanks for that.  ill work on the "most times" part Smiley

     

    (crap - jumped a page - ill repost the vid so people dont have to click BACK)

    Edit:  this thing is going to be great to test touch UI's  ... ive never understood my facination with kiosks (remember all the full screen posts?)

    im not sure it is for drawing tho...  i think ill be able to do more with it - designing touch UIs than paintings..  as there is no pen - hard to draw with finger...

    but i am loading all my graphics apps now on dvd - going up to install and see if finger is possible

     

    (again - its amazing...just not sure its for painting? )

     

     

    edit:  Q:  what is the difference between the touch smart pc screen touch technology - and the tablet pc - pen - touch screen technology?

     

    it seems the touch smart is for kiosk style interaction - where as the tablet is more like wacom - but on screen (where you draw)

     

    Q: is the tech basically the same?  ie - will there / might there be a pen that (like on the tablet pc) would ignore if your wrist rests on the screen? (or does it?)

     

    ps - from here on in - its product review ... but ill say THANK YOU!!!!!! one more time! Smiley

     

    Edit 2: I havent even gotten to the part where this thing is going to run my whole house / media / photos....  for now - just wondering about the drawing part

    This is well deserved!  Jamies helped me out once and gave me a logo for free!  This is awesome of the the c9 team as well.  Well done all round.

  • User profile image
    stevo_

    Sven Groot said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

    What, and creating several C9 related applications and the code formatting code that's used on C9 itself didn't take me any time at all?

    Where are my gifts? Even the 9 guys I have didn't come directly from C9 itself. Tongue Out

    I see only one possible solution to determine which Niner is truly the most deserving of gifts: war! Wink

    You're getting a mac instead.. sorry.. and its a really assy one as well (the mini).

  • User profile image
    Heywood_J

    Larry's signature is exactly identical to mine.  That's really weird.  Maybe I can forge something so that I can get one of these cool gadgets.

     

  • User profile image
    Chadk

    stevo_ said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

    You're getting a mac instead.. sorry.. and its a really assy one as well (the mini).

    I'd totally settle for a Mac Mini to be honest. Can't have too many computers. And it would fit nice next to my macbook.

     

    Also: Nice going Jamie. Looks really nice. Hope you enjoy it Smiley

  • User profile image
    stevo_

    Chadk said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

    I'd totally settle for a Mac Mini to be honest. Can't have too many computers. And it would fit nice next to my macbook.

     

    Also: Nice going Jamie. Looks really nice. Hope you enjoy it Smiley

    Ours ended up on the shelf at work after about a month, then it got given away to someone who basically absolutely needed a computer, and they used it for about a month also before trying to return it.. in the end i think it ended up in someones basement..

    The thing is it could be useful as a paper weight but its just too big, luckily I have a 4th gen ipod around to act as a paperweight, without my ipod I can't imagine where I'd be.. probably picking papers off the floor all day long.

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Charles said:

    Do something novel and creative with your new platform, dear Jamie. Enjoy. Thank you for all your creativity over the years. The cartoons, themes and graphics have been much appreciated by many.

    And thanks to ALL of you for being such a great community. Blowdart, next time I'm in town I'll make sure to bring gifts that are more useful than stickers and 9 guys.

    Keep on posting,

    C

    Yes, Jamie is The One.

    Thanks C9.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.