OMG!!!! THANKYOU MS!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

jamie said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

i fixed the network... so media center is filling up with media - very cool

(had to add duplicate accounts everywhere)

re HP ... because if you watched the demo video - i wanted that main touch UI ...which looked like the iphone and is one of the nicest touch demos ive seen

i guess its hp version of media center... but i liked it

Or you could add the "jamie" account to the HP... and don't log in as "C9" anymore... easier ... haha

• User profile image
    jamie

Minh said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Or you could add the "jamie" account to the HP... and don't log in as "C9" anymore... easier ... haha

ya but i already set up c9 account email etc... id have had to do it all again

• User profile image
    raymond

• User profile image
    RLO

jamie said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

so... so far

- doesnt support drawing in Painter, photoshop or corel

- art rage 2 it sort of works - it works great to control windows but this isnt meant for drawing.

- the cd from hp - ms didnt include... so i tried downloading that UI from hp - "cannot load on this OS bla bla"

- there is a factory restore drive - but no clear indication of how to get it to load (crazy non exe files)

- cannot get it to network to my main machine - same old story - everything is there - but when you click a drive says i dont have permission. i have loaded full permissions on everything - ive added the group "everyone"  every single setting that allows access ive turned on but no luck.  so all my videos and songs and pics are downstairs ... media centre is empty.

apart from above..(hahaha)  it truely IS a great PC... 

*boy do i miss xp - share c:\  ...and... it shares it!

Jamie, you are missing nothing from the HP app.  It looks kind of cool for about 35 seconds then 7 Trumps the heck out of it.  You can do a a factory restore from the boot screen, but would wipe out all of the MS Customizations. 

In short I wouldn't do it.

The notes app is basically sticky notes with a black vista gradient around it.  The calendar app is nifty and would love to see something like this built into 7 as well as some of the things in the touch pack baked in, instead of an incentive for OEM's to behave.

Sorry, I digress.  Hate to hear Painter is not supported though.  That's a downer. 

The touchsmart for me was an xmas present from my wife and I mainly wanted it to test drive 7 on.  Unfortunately, it turned into a games kiosk similar to the ones found in bars. and I haven't had the time to even try alot of things that I wanted to do on it.  Zune software is pretty nifty on it though.  Unfortunately, the scroll bars are too thin to get an accurate reading in the 7 beta.  I have yet to try it on RC.

(Microsoft, if you could imitate the bar games on the mega touch and sell it under the games for windows brand you will make a killing.  Just a suggestion. HINT HINT!!)

• User profile image
    jamie

RLO said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Jamie, you are missing nothing from the HP app.  It looks kind of cool for about 35 seconds then 7 Trumps the heck out of it.  You can do a a factory restore from the boot screen, but would wipe out all of the MS Customizations. 

In short I wouldn't do it.

The notes app is basically sticky notes with a black vista gradient around it.  The calendar app is nifty and would love to see something like this built into 7 as well as some of the things in the touch pack baked in, instead of an incentive for OEM's to behave.

Sorry, I digress.  Hate to hear Painter is not supported though.  That's a downer. 

The touchsmart for me was an xmas present from my wife and I mainly wanted it to test drive 7 on.  Unfortunately, it turned into a games kiosk similar to the ones found in bars. and I haven't had the time to even try alot of things that I wanted to do on it.  Zune software is pretty nifty on it though.  Unfortunately, the scroll bars are too thin to get an accurate reading in the 7 beta.  I have yet to try it on RC.

(Microsoft, if you could imitate the bar games on the mega touch and sell it under the games for windows brand you will make a killing.  Just a suggestion. HINT HINT!!)

NOTHING about this pc is a downer... well except the drawing... but it really is an all in one imac -but better style pc - no wires - no cables.  as a pc - it is the best ive ever seen or owned...

but for drawing?  ya its too bad ...just not ready..

*im banking that the screen tech is the same as tablet - but ballmer decided to withhold some tech - to charge for it later

ill pay!! (yes it is always stevebs fault Tongue Out)

• User profile image
    RLO

jamie said:
    RLO said:
    *snip*

NOTHING about this pc is a downer... well except the drawing... but it really is an all in one imac -but better style pc - no wires - no cables.  as a pc - it is the best ive ever seen or owned...

*im banking that the screen tech is the same as tablet - but ballmer decided to withhold some tech - to charge for it later

It may not be 7 itself, as it is the method of input, i.e. infared.  It will be after I move before i can try it, but my UMPC uses a touchscreen so it may respond better to drawing/painter.

Either way, you have already given MS feedback on the infared sensors and the use of a drawing tablet.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie said:
    RLO said:
    *snip*

No. TabletPC, in general, have a recognizer *in* the screen (to put it simply). That's why you need a pen and you can't use a finger (except for the Dell, that has an hybrid digitizer or the HP tx2). The touch capability on the HP you have is via infrared cameras in the top corners of the screen (I think). Surface's touch technology is via cameras placed behind the screen.

• User profile image
    jamie

PaoloM said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

No. TabletPC, in general, have a recognizer *in* the screen (to put it simply). That's why you need a pen and you can't use a finger (except for the Dell, that has an hybrid digitizer or the HP tx2). The touch capability on the HP you have is via infrared cameras in the top corners of the screen (I think). Surface's touch technology is via cameras placed behind the screen.

..im sorry to seem to be  downer guy ... im not.  i cant stress enough - that if you forget touch - this is the BEST PC IN THE WORLD.

..but ...because it stresses touch - thats what we are talking about ...and it just doesnt do it for art (but UI interaction works great)

i am very happy to have the best pc in the world - with or without touch Wink

ps - full tech specs:

- all in one body / monitor

- wireless keyboard and mouse

enough said..

• User profile image
    littleguru

jamie said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

ya but i already set up c9 account email etc... id have had to do it all again

If I would have gotten such a device I would have loved to set it up twice Big Smile Just for the fun.

• User profile image
    jamie

littleguru said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

If I would have gotten such a device I would have loved to set it up twice Big Smile Just for the fun.

Generic Forum Image

Generic Forum Image

Generic Forum Image

all computers should have remotes!

• User profile image
    La Bomba

jamie said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

Generic Forum Image

Generic Forum Image

Generic Forum Image

all computers should have remotes!

Geez jamie thats pretty impressive

More than just t-shirts and stickers. I think your an honorary C9 staff member now.

I wonder what Sven will get? Angel Shipping to japan may be a bit harder...

Edit: Man, that form factor is beautiful, i want one.

• User profile image
    jamie

La Bomba said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Geez jamie thats pretty impressive

More than just t-shirts and stickers. I think your an honorary C9 staff member now.

I wonder what Sven will get? Angel Shipping to japan may be a bit harder...

Edit: Man, that form factor is beautiful, i want one.

oops! i accidentally clicked a link and inadvertantly downloaded office beta...  and as luck would have it - its 64 bit...

..if one were to load this... how long would it work for?

edit:  very nice. love the new open and save panels

• User profile image
    jamie

Q:  this machine is faster than my machine.   i have 2 quads this has 2 duos.  they both have 4 gigs of ram - but this one is 64 bit.. so..it uses the extra ram?

is it because oem built machines just arnt tuned and optimized like this hp must have been

(but it was formatted and reinstalled with 7 by larry)

is it just that 64 rocks?

also - this gets 5.2 - downstairs i get 5.7 - but this is almost double the speed?

i doubt its disc space cause i made a ton of room recently (downstairs)

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

jamie said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*

..im sorry to seem to be  downer guy ... im not.  i cant stress enough - that if you forget touch - this is the BEST PC IN THE WORLD.

..but ...because it stresses touch - thats what we are talking about ...and it just doesnt do it for art (but UI interaction works great)

i am very happy to have the best pc in the world - with or without touch Wink

ps - full tech specs:

- all in one body / monitor

- wireless keyboard and mouse

enough said..

If "all in one body/monitor" and "wireless keyboard and mouse" are the only things required to make the best PC in the world, then I guess my four year old Dell laptop (with wireless keyboard and mouse I bought a few months ago) is the best PC in the world, too Tongue Out

Actually, we have a similar machine at work (maybe an older model?  I dunno)...  I haven't gotten the chance to use it, but it looks pretty sweet.

• User profile image
    jamie

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

If "all in one body/monitor" and "wireless keyboard and mouse" are the only things required to make the best PC in the world, then I guess my four year old Dell laptop (with wireless keyboard and mouse I bought a few months ago) is the best PC in the world, too Tongue Out

Actually, we have a similar machine at work (maybe an older model?  I dunno)...  I haven't gotten the chance to use it, but it looks pretty sweet.

well this one is blowing away mine - that should be better...

is it cause of the 64 bit os?

(if it is - im formatting (finally)

ive never seen a pc like the imac... in a store.  hp did a wicked job.   so far - it is the best machine in the world! Tongue Out

ps - its not a laptop ...more like a tv (looks wise)

but i do intend to use it like a laptop - ie - vacation? we are bringing this... pop in a dvd... no wires - just one power cable like a laptop +remote

(i just need a 27" "laptop" case Wink

• User profile image
    RLO

jamie said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

well this one is blowing away mine - that should be better...

is it cause of the 64 bit os?

(if it is - im formatting (finally)

ive never seen a pc like the imac... in a store.  hp did a wicked job.   so far - it is the best machine in the world! Tongue Out

ps - its not a laptop ...more like a tv (looks wise)

but i do intend to use it like a laptop - ie - vacation? we are bringing this... pop in a dvd... no wires - just one power cable like a laptop +remote

(i just need a 27" "laptop" case Wink

7 screams on hardware that was slow with Vista.  Add the 64 bit on top of that and you hit lightspeed.  You should try IE 64 bit.  It's instantaneous, of course not having a 64bit flash plugin helps too.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

jamie said:

Q:  this machine is faster than my machine.   i have 2 quads this has 2 duos.  they both have 4 gigs of ram - but this one is 64 bit.. so..it uses the extra ram?

is it because oem built machines just arnt tuned and optimized like this hp must have been

also - this gets 5.2 - downstairs i get 5.7 - but this is almost double the speed?

You mean the office 2010 tech preview?

• User profile image
    AndyC

jamie said:

OEM built machines are often better than home-built counterparts, predominantly because OEMs understand how to balance all the various components to get better overall performance. 64-bit probably helps a bit, but not usually by a significant amount.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.